★Chapter 2★

Shit.

I could tell by the tone of voice and the power radiating off of him that he was an Alpha. What is an Alpha might you ask? Well they are the top dog (well werewolf). They rule the pack. Alphas are generally stronger and larger than the average wolf. In simple terms they are the leader.

While my mate was distracted, I made a run for it. Sprinting out of the house, I ran as fast as I could. Luckily, there was no trace of my mate. Locking the door behind me, I ran to the bedroom.

Now you must be wondering what a mate is. A mate is your other half. In the werewolf community, the Moon Goddesshand picks another person (wolf or not) to be your perfect match. You will balance each other out. It is not some perfect relationship that you will have but it will last. You can first identify who your mate is by their scent. You will smell some strong mouthwatering scent that will drive you mad. That's your mate. You will feel sparks every time you touch and there is this unspoken bond that is impossible to break. Yes, you can reject each other, but I don't want that. Then after you accept each other comes the marking process. A mark is when you get bit in a special spot by your mate, strengthening the bond. Finally comes mating, in other words; sex. Once you have completed all the stages, you have made an unbreakable bond with your soul mate.

So back to reality. All of this thinking is making my head spin. Stripping out of my clothes, I passed out on my bed.

Shelbie's POV (she is still at the party)

"Mine." He whispered in a deep, sexy voice. I cannot believe I am mated to our Beta.

A Beta is like second in command. They are the Alpha's right hand man.

He took a step closer to me. Our bodies weren't touching yet, but I could feel the electricity coming off of him. Reaching up, I placed my hand on his cheek, gasping as electricity coursed through my veins. I watched as Ashton grinned at my reaction.

"I cannot believe this." I whispered in disbelief.

"What? Is there something wrong?" He frantically spits out.

"No! I am more than happy. I just never thought I would be your mate."

"What do you mean by that?" He raised an eyebrow, showing his confusion.

"You are the Ashton Irwin. You are the Beta of the pack. You are strong and smart. Plus you are so fucking hot! I am nothing; just a simple female werewolf, I'm nothing special."

Ashton's eye's widened when I finished. "Hey, don't think that. You are more than special. You are mine. I don't care about ny rank. Plus, you will be the Beta female now. I could care less about how you look and more about your personality. Although you are quite the stunner, I am so lucky."

That put a smile on my face. I watched as his amazing eyes trailed from my eyes to my lips and back again. Slightly nodding my head, I told him it was ok. Then he attached his lips to mine.

Luke's POV

Vanilla and chocolate filled my nose.

My mate was in the house.

Pushing the slutty werewolf off of me, I ran towards the scent. I could sense them getting close to the door. Oh no way! She is not getting away from me. Pushing my legs faster, I noticed the scent changed directiond and...stopped?

A whimper filled my ear as my head whipped to the left. There down a dark hallway, I saw the Alpha from my rival pack attacking some girl. But this wasn't just any girl. That was my mate. Stalking, I heard her for the first time.

"Stop, please." She whimpered out. I watched as she struggled harder against Reed's attacks. I have seen enough.

"I believe she said stop." I yelled. Quickly, I gripped Reed's shirt slamming him against the opposite wall. Snarling, I got in his face. A look of terror flashed across his face for a split second, and then it turned into a smirk. Oh he pisses me off.

"What is she to you Hemmings? Just another fuck?" He did not just say that about my mate!

"No!" I roared. Turning, I locked eyes with my beautiful mate. Her brown eyes showed fear and admiration. As long as she doesn't reject me. Wait, I haven't seen her before.

"She's Mine!"

Turning back to Reed, I started to beat the living shit out of him. Leaving him bloodied, I turned back to see my mate was gone. I was too pre occupied with beating up Reed to notice her leaving. Her scent lead to the door then was taken with the wind. Fuck!

Running through the party, I went in search for my Beta. My mate is a Rogue and we do not take Rogues lightly. I have to make sure that if she gets caught, no harm will come to her. Finally, I found Ashton sucking faces with Shelbie. Well looks like she found her mate. Clearing my throat, I broke them apart.

"Ash, I found my mate."

"That's great man! Where is she?"

"She ran away. She is a Rogue, so if any of the guards catch a Rogue, make sure that they are not to be harmed until I give it the ok."

"Will do Alpha."

I will do whatever it takes to get her. I have waited too long for my mate and she is not getting away.

///////////////////////

A/N:

Hey guys!!

I just want to say that hopefully I will be posting more chapters soon. I really want to get these up quickly so I can continue on from where Kenzie left off.

So thanks for reading and voting.

Please vote, comment (just so I know your reading it or like for any feedback or anything.) And share if you wanna.

Love ya lots

-Jordann xx