Modern AU part 1

You felt another blow across your side, making you hiss in pain.

" And don't even think about having dinner tonight, you worthless girl! Now go up to your room!" Your aunt screamed, yanking you up by your hair.

You grunted and felt your aunt let go before trudging up the stairs to your bedroom.

As soon as you entered, you immediately locked the door and went to your vanity. You choked back a sob as you saw blood and bruises littering your face.

You didn't deserve this, you wanted to be free from you aunt and uncle's evil clutches. You just needed to wait until graduation, then you can move out and live on your own.

You had already been saving up some money from your part time job at a local book store to buy an apartment or something to live in when you would finally leave.

You crossed crouched down your bed and took out a little box filled with money. Neither your aunt nor uncle knew about this box, you just needed to keep it safe. Yeah, you can do that.

You put the box away and glanced at the clock. 7:55 p.m. You could just read or something until you were tired. Your aunt wouldn't want to hear any noises from your room.

___ went over to her drawer and took out a book the book store owner lent to her, Treasure Island. She was really nice, and insisted that ___ take the book, even when the girl refused.

You moved your (h/c) hair away from your face and flipped open the book and found the page which you dog-eared and began to immerse in the story.

You were so captivated that you didn't notice it was already late at night until you finally looked up. You had school tomorrow, you'd  better sleep.

Closing the book, you unlocked your door and peeked outside. Judging by snoring coming from your aunt and uncle's bedroom, they must have been asleep for a while, which meant it was safe for you to go to the bathroom to brush your teeth.

As quietly as possible, you tiptoed towards the bathroom, which luckily was next to your  bedroom. You quickly took out your toothbrush from under the cabinet and began to quickly brush your  teeth.

As soon as you finished, you put away the toothbrush and silently ran back to your room. You made sure to set your alarm for six in the morning and nestled under the covers as you felt sleep invade your mind.

____________________________________

The next morning, you woke up to the beeping of your alarm clock.

You let out a groan before reaching your hand out and turning it off. You sat up and stretched your muscles, hearing a popping noise every now and then.

You got up from her bed and walked over to your vanity. You glanced at your bruised reflection as you gently poked one, making you wince in pain.

You left the vanity and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower and to brush your teeth.

After that, you hurried back into your room and grabbed the concealer your aunt gave to her, to hide the bruises.

You dabbed your finger on the cosmetic and began to cover your bruises on your face. When you finally finished, you changed into a long-sleeved shirt and pants and grabbed your book bag before racing down the stairs to prepare breakfast for your aunt and uncle.