Birthday

A/N Credit and copyright belongs to Cloakedranger . Go to her profile to discover more!

" So, today's our plaything's birthday?" Diamond mused, using his finger to stir his usual bitter tea.

" It seems so, my dearest brother." Said his blue-haired twin, who was taking a sip out of his sweet tea.

" Shall we prepare something special for ____, she has gone through a lot ever since she came here."

" I agree, how about a nice birthday party for her? She didn't particularly have any nice birthdays when she was young."

" Of course, she might enjoy that," Heart set down his teacup. " Come on, Diamond, we have some preparations to make."
____________________________________
Meanwhile...

You were in the library reading a book about the legends and myths of this world. You loved fairytales and things related to fantasy, and the content of this story book immediately caught your attention.

While you were on the climax of the story, two hands suddenly took your book and another two covered your eyes.

" H-hey! What gives?!" You heard a chuckle behind you.

" Watch your tone, my dear lady, or else we would cancel the plans we have for you today."

" Plans? Do you mean torturing me with those horrid games of yours?" You heard the twins chuckling like it was a joke. How was that funny?

" Not today, Miss ___, it's something fun, even for you." You felt the hands covering your eyes tap your nose, causing you to scrunch it a bit.

" Fine, but if it really is something torturous or dangerous, count me out."

" Of course, my dear lady, we couldn't bear the sight of you hurt." Another hand caressed your face. The warmth it gave off felt nice, though you would never admit it verbally. It would definitely bring smug smirks and teasing from the twins.

" Now, get your hands off my face, Heart,"

" I believe I cannot do that, my dear lady,"

" And why is that, Heart?!" You demanded. You began to try and pry his fingers off, they stayed where they were.

" Miss ___, this is a surprise, we can't let you see what we have in mind." You huffed and rolled your eyes. They act just like kids.

" Okay, whatever." The twins shared a smile and conjured up a blindfold to wrap around your eyes.

" Heart and I are going to take you somewhere, just hold onto our hands."

" Where exactly are we going?" You crossed your arms as the twins both let out a chuckle.

" Like my brother said, my dear lady, this is a surprise, we can't tell you where we are heading off to. Just take our hands."

You bit your lip. Should you trust them? Maybe they were genuinely trying to do something nice for you, who knows. You took a shaky breath and took their hands.

" Okay, I trust you two." The moment you uttered those five words, the twins felt a warmth blooming in their chests. ____ trusted them! She trusted them with her life!

Heart and Diamond pulled you towards them and placed you in between them as you three were whisked away to where your surprise birthday party was held.

You felt your wobbly legs set down on a firm ground. Where were you?

You heard a faint giggle and soft footsteps padding on the floor. Something slightly tickled your ankles and the air smelt like.... flowers? The surprise was a garden?

" Miss ____, you can take off the blindfold now." You nodded and reached behind the blindfold to take it off.

The moment the piece of cloth fell from your eyes, you heard four people shout "Happy Birthday!"

You froze. You haven't heard those two words in years. You took in the sight in front of you.

The twins, Woodlily and Abberous were standing in front of a beautifully decorated area of the garden. There were beautiful lights and sparkles amongst the trees, and there was a table with a cake and a few presents.

Oh yeah, today was your birthday. Over the years, you have forced yourself to forget that your birthday existed. Just the mere mention of it made you remember what your aunt did.

You felt tears well at the back of your eyes. What was this emotion?

The four looking in front of you exchanged worried looks. Why did you look like you were going to cry? Did they do something wrong? Did ___ hate her birthday?

" My dear lady, are you okay--" You immediately broke down in tears and fell to the ground, with the four rushing to your side.

" _____, _____! Why are you crying?" Woodlily frantically flitted around your head. Her friend was crying, didn't she like the decorations?

" My lady, are you alright?"
" My dearest lady, do you need some water?"
" Miss ____, are you okay?"

You let out a little laugh as you wiped the tears steaming down your cheeks.

" Guys, I'm okay, it's just that, it's been a very long time since I've had an actual birthday. I'm really happy. Thank you guys so much."

Woodlily giggled and tried to wipe away the remaining of your tears. Abberous smiled and placed a webbed hand on your shoulder.

Heart and Diamond looked at you as calmed down aand smiled at Abberous and Woodlily. You looked so beautiful when you cried, as if you were an angel.

At that moment, they felt that they needed to protect you no matter the cost.

" Come now, let's not let that cake go to waste," Abberous stood up and offered you his hand, which you graciously took.

The twins stood up as well and together the five of you celebrated your birthday.

You received gifts from them, which included a bracelet with diamond and heart charms, a dress with diamonds and hearts patterns, a cooking book and a daisy chain friendship bracelet.

You thanked them respectively and wore the two bracelets, admiring them on your wrist. They looked so pretty.

After presents, you all(with the exception of Diamond) ate the cake the amphibian baked. It was so good, definitely better than any cake you had tasted before.

There was a lot of laughing and cake, and when you finally had dinner and went to retire in your room, you never felt happier.

Best birthday ever.

And that's a wrap!!! Hey guys, I'm not dead(maybe a little)!! Sorry I've haven't updated in such a long time, I gonna try and update the Yuri on Ice story. I apologise if this chapter sucked really bad;-; Also, feel free to leave requests so that I don't get writer's block and you guys can see what you wanna read! That's it for now, ciao!

~ xoxo Rose