13

The pair watched Louis with curious eyes after deciding to ask Harry to leave the jungle with them, it was such a low possibility of Harry even understanding what Louis was about to suggest to him but it was worth a shot at the very least.

Louis turned to Harry, watching how the man fixed his unruly, damp curls out of his face before he realized Louis was walking towards him. "Harry," Louis began, "You said you remember you didn't live in the jungle before, right?"

"No remember," Harry said, just like earlier, "Harry no remember Louis, Harry...Harry home here, no," he tried to explain.

"Alright," Louis nodded, "well, what if we helped you find your home? The home you had before you started living here?" he suggested slowly, keeping his words paced so Harry could have time to let them sink in.

Harry looked at Louis, almost with confusion. Louis was from London, he thought. Technically, even if they didn't stay for long, he and his family also lived in London. Before they took the trip that changed Harry's life, that is. Though it seemed obvious, Louis wouldn't really know where his London home was, especially not when Harry didn't even know the address anymore. "Harry home here, now," he then said with a slow nod. He had accepted it years ago, this was his home.

His new home.

Louis nodded, "I figure but what if we could find your old home? Wouldn't you even want to take a chance?" he asked him, "I can help you, we can all help you."

"How?" Harry then asked, "Home no remember, Louis." He frowned, all he wanted was to be reunited with his family. He wanted to tell Louis everything. How he missed his mother's hugs, his father's advice, and Gemma with the camera she always carried.

Had it not been for Louis' camera, Harry would have stayed hidden in the trees when he first saw the group arrive. He recognized the design of the camera to be like how he remembered his sister had, which is what caught his attention in the first place. Though it seemed different in many ways, like it had been upgraded with new bits and pieces. Louis' camera was newer, less scratch marks, and it's lenses were much bigger than Gemma's Polaroid.

Harry was pulled out of his thoughts when Louis spoke up again. "I know, but you can come with us to London. We can look online, see if we could find anything about you having been written. Or we could try and contact your family. Do you remember your mum's name? Dad's name?"

"Mum," Harry breathed, immediately recognizing the word. It made his heart ache. "Harry mu-mum, mum gorilla," he said to Louis, "home with mum gorilla." He wanted to go with Louis, he wanted to see his real mother again, but he didn't want to just leave the gorilla who raised him and took care of him. He was confused, his mind was running a mile a minute. He didn't know what to do.

Louis gave Harry a sympathetic look, stepping closer to the man, though he was sure to keep his hands to himself. "Harry, we want to help you get back home. You're not a gorilla. You're a man, one who has a pretty obvious British accent to me. This clearly isn't your real home, we can find your real home if you come back with us," he gently explained.

Harry began chewing on his index finger, the same one that had a band-aid wrapped around it earlier. "Mum, home. Real home no here. Mum Harry home," he said while looking around, noticing Liam and Zayn were now letting their legs dip in the water. They seemed to be in their own little world together. "Home real mum...Louis go?" he then asked.

Louis nodded slowly after he figured what Harry had been asking. "I'll go with you to help you find your mum, yeah. You can even stay with me until we find her, I've got an extra room I use to store my art but I can move things around," he explained with a soft grin. He let out a small breath, he was really offering a stranger he met in the jungle a place in his home for the sake of finding his family. Never in a million years would Louis ever think this was going to happen on the trip.

"Yes," Harry spoke and nodded. Louis looked up at Harry while Harry was looking between Louis and the pair that were still talking amongst themselves, "Harry go Louis home, mum home," He told Louis before he frowned. He was quiet for a moment, trying to think of the word on the tip of his tongue, "need... need Harry say bye mum gorilla," he told Louis.

"Let me tell the others to go back to camp then," Louis said to Harry with wide eyes, this was happening, Harry was coming back home with them. "I'll go with you to say bye to the gorilla, okay? Wait for me, please," he added before he was hurrying towards Liam and Zayn. "Guys, he said yes, he's leaving the jungle with us, I'm going with him to say bye to the gorillas, we'll meet you back at the campsite later," he explained to both before he stood up.

"God, this is crazy," Liam commented while shaking his head, waving Louis off, "go, hurry back this time, alright?"

Zayn then looked up and nodded in agreement, "We can't handle having you go missing on us again," he said as he began shaking his head, "and be careful too, I still don't know how much we can trust him," he advised gently.

Louis nodded and let out a small laugh, "We'll be quick, I think, and don't worry, I'll be fine," he assured, giving them a quick wave before he was walking back towards Harry. "Alright, let's go say bye to your mum gorilla," he said to Harry, following after him once Harry started making his way back to the gorilla beds.