4

Harry cried and cried until he couldn't cry anymore, he was exhausted, his eyes were burning. He didn't know what to do, it was dark but still, he wanted to give a few more calls to his parents and Gemma before he went to sleep.

So he tried looking through the leaves he had shielded the cave with and stepped out of them. When he heard a gorilla roar, it stopped him in his tracks. He turned his head and choked on his own breath once he saw the large creature just a few steps away.

His parents taught him to stay still in the presence of one, in the unlikely circumstances they ever come across one. He did just that, staying as still and as quiet as best as he could. It was like the gorilla knew something was off with Harry, because she reached out for him but didn't touch him, sensing his distress.

After a moment, she pulled back and continued walking, though looking back at the boy as if she was expecting him to follow. Harry was terrified, but also curious, so he carefully followed after the large animal.

He was lead to their nesting areas, gasping at the sight of at least twenty gorillas in sight. When he reached the whole group of gorillas, he stood behind the one he was following. She snarled and let out a few more noises which caused the other gorillas to turn away from her.

He felt a connection between them from that point on, as if she could take care of him until he found his family.

He had no idea that his family was tearing their campsite apart in frustration and fear. They lost their son, their brother, their baby boy.

They searched for hours, Desmond having to hold Anne back from running out into the jungle to search for Harry. They decided as a family it'd be safer to go around in the morning, each one of them hoping and praying for the best, for Harry to be safe and sound somewhere in the jungle.