9

Harry kept the book open to the page where the gorillas were while looking up at the man, he didn't understand why Louis didn't realize he had drawn an exact spitting image of his mother gorilla.

Louis just watched Harry, as confused as ever. Why would Harry be so interested in the gorillas? It wasn't even his best drawings in the sketchbook, in his own opinion.

Harry let out a huff and then stood up, Louis standing up as well. If Louis didn't understand by being shown the drawing, then perhaps he'd understand if he saw his mother for himself. "Louis, Harry," he said to the man before glancing back at the sketchbook for a second. He then nodded, as if he was assuring himself of his own assumptions, before he started walking away from the campsite.

"Woah, hey," Louis called while he followed after Harry, "hey, where are you going? Don't take my book with you," he huffed, being mindful of where he stepped while still keeping a distance between him and the odd man.

Harry kept looking back to Louis, making sure he was being followed while he easily navigated himself through the many vines and branches in his way.

He lead Louis to the spot he had last seen his mother, happy to see that she was still there before he turned to Louis. "Harry!" He started again, holding the book up in Louis' face, though Louis looked just about pale in the face.

Louis had never seen a gorilla in person, minus the ones in the city zoo, which he doesn't really count anyways. What he didn't expect was to hear a loud snarl coming from a distance. "What the fuck was that?" He asked Harry worriedly, his eyes widening when he saw a larger gorilla. It had to be a male, the alpha for sure, charging towards him while baring his sharp teeth.

Louis was certain this was it, this was how it was all going to end. Death by gorilla while a naked man holds his sketchbook, that'd be a crazy story for Liam and Zayn to tell in the future.

He was already seeing his life flashing before his eyes when he heard another snarl, this one was much closer. It took him a moment to realize the second snarl had come from Harry, the man had positioned himself in front of him, shielding him from the male gorilla.

Harry grunted and puffed his chest out, making himself look bigger even if he knew he would be no match for the alpha of the group. He huffed and let out a few more snarls and snorts, communicating with him in an attempt to convince him to leave them be. He tried telling him that Louis meant no harm to them.

It took a while before the alpha was letting out a frustrated huff, snorting in warning towards Harry and his mother before he turned around and walked away.

Harry finally let go of the breath he had held in, his chest deflating while he stood back up on his feet, looking up at Louis for a moment. He then grabbed the sketchbook again, brushing the twigs and dirt off of the pages as he held it up.

He was so eager to show Louis the portrait he had of his mother, he was certain Louis would want to meet her.

"Harry," Louis called out after recollecting himself, feeling at a loss for breath after what he had witnessed. "How did you know they were here? How the hell did you know how to get him away from me? Do you even speak gorilla?" He asked all at once.

Harry didn't answer a single question, he only stared at Louis as he babbled on and on before he walked over to his mother, sitting down next to her.

Louis looked at Harry in awe, the man was either remarkably brave, or incredibly stupid. No genius would ever casually walk over and sit down next to a gorilla the way he saw Harry just do.

"Louis," Harry spoke up as he looked at the drawing, his eyes going back and forth between the drawing and his mother.

Louis looked around, as if he was looking for the alpha before he slowly began walking over to Harry. His heart was pounding, he didn't think he'd get too close but Harry had other ideas.

Harry grabbed onto Louis' shirt and tugged him down rather roughly, enough for Louis to let out a groan when he dropped to the ground. "Harry," he simply told Louis as he traced over the drawing's cheeks, then he looked up and traced over his mother's cheek.

Louis was amazed, it was as of the gorilla was trained, maybe Harry was a trainer and this was a whole new method of training that people were trying. "How are they not attacking you?" He asked curiously.

"Harry...Harry," Harry nodded, tracing over the drawing's lips before doing the same with his mother.

"They do look similar, don't they?" Louis then commented while he watched Harry, his heart was still racing, he was ready to jump up and make a run for it if he needed to.

Harry was too into the drawing to respond, he didn't even notice his mother was raising her hand up while she looked between him and Louis.

She leaned over and then brushed a finger against Harry's cheek, which the man leaned into without any hesitation. She then looked at Louis and then reached over to caress his cheek as well, Louis having let out a very manly little whimper when she did so.

She then caressed her cheek, feeling quite a difference, it was obvious to her that Louis was what Harry was, not a gorilla, but something else. The two were the same and she felt no danger, Harry trusted this creature so she would too.

After all, what kind of mother would she be if she didn't trust her son's judgment?