"I think it's safe to assume you haven't heard the news," She looked frantic.

I shook my head, "What news could be so important that you had to stuff me in a closet full of cleaning supplies?"

"Micah has a girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. That's what she was freaking out about. My ex-boyfriend moving on like I knew he would. In the time I've known Micah, I've learned he doesn't linger too long on one thing. Especially if it makes him look bad. He moves on quickly. He probably already had his sights on this girl. Maybe even while we were dating.

I didn't care that he had a new girlfriend. I knew it was bound to happen soon. What hurt me was that he was probably already messing around with this girl. It hurt that I wasn't the only one in his mind while we were dating. However, I'm the only one to blame for being hurt. I shouldn't have expected such commitment from him.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I don't care," I shrugged. "Now can I get to class?"

She sighed and let me continue with my day. My morning classes were totally draining. They felt tasteless. Like every teacher had already given up. I was relieved when I finally got to escape for lunch. While I was on my way to meet up with my best friends, I couldn't help but hear two juniors gossiping.

"I heard Tanner's gonna beat him up right now," One of them whispered to the other.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I spun around and rushed over to them. They both seemed intimidated by me standing there. I hated how people viewed me. Because of my social status, they believe I'm one way when I'm the complete opposite.

"Tanner as in my brother?" I asked. They both nodded. "Where's the fight happening?!"

"Behind the building. Everyone's on their way there now," The boy explained.

I hurried off, but not before thanking them. I kept wondering what reason Tanner would have for fighting. He didn't usually fight, if ever. I was practically running through the halls to the back of the building. I had to stop him from doing something stupid. The minute I opened the doors, I saw a huge crowd. They were no doubt crowding around to see the fight.

I knew I was late when I heard them start cheering. I push people out of my way, trying to get to my brother. When I finally got to the middle and saw him, I felt my anger building up. Not because Tanner was fighting, but because the guy was actually punching him. I felt my protective side coming out.

"Stop!" I screamed. When they kept fighting, I knew I had to physically stop them.

I grabbed my brother's arm and pulled him towards me. The boy he was fighting saw this as an advantage and punched Tanner in the gut. His punch took the wind out of my brother. I decided I had seen enough. I shoved Tanner away and slapped the boy still trying to hit him.

I was fuming. Tanner was being an idiot and so was this kid if he thought he'd actually be able to fight me. He stopped when he realized I wasn't Tanner, but his older sister. When he saw my face, he looked scared. He quickly hid this with a smirk and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Aw, look! Tanner had to get his big sister to save him!" The kid mocked.

This only made me angrier, "Listen, you little dipshit, lay another finger on my brother and you'll wish you would've stayed your little ass in the classroom."

The crowd seemed to be focused on me now. I couldn't care less at this point. Whoever this kid was, he was about to learn not to mess with my family. He was about to learn that looks were deceiving and I could take him by myself. Above all else, he was about to learn his pride would be the death of him.