Candice and thefour others saw their window of opportunity. Immediately they splitfrom the swarming infected and ran as fast as they could. Bulletsflew past them as the infected behind them fell to the ground. Theinfected by the sand barrier began to get up and one of them grabbedCandice's leg as she shrieked. The soldier called Staff SergeantRobinson saw that and kicked the infected woman in the face. Shedidn't let go so he put a round in her face and pried her hands offof Candice's leg while Binks and Jenkins climbed over the sandbagbarrier. The snipers, the two turrets, and the two soldiers on theother side provided supportive fire as the Staff Sergeant, Jack, andCandice climbed over the sandbag barrier. 

"Keepfiring at them. Don't let them get too close to the barrier" said theMardy before he left. He heard the soldiers respond with a "Yessir!" before they commenced firing. Downstairs he found the fivesurvivors catching their breaths.

"Onehell of a welcome" he said as he approaches the five, "ButI'm glad to see you made it. It's good to see you again Sergeant.Corporal, Lieutenant Binks" said the Major as he shook the handsof the three soldiers.  

"Thetwo of you, I have not acquainted with yet but I'm glad to see youtwo survived as well" said the Lieutenant as he shook Jack andCandice's hand. 

"Thankyou sir but if it's ok, my wife and I would like to get some rest andsomething to eat" said Jack after shaking Mardy's hand.

"It'salright. I'm Major Mardy and there are some food tents set up at thefield. Help yourself to whatever you need" Mardy said with asmile before Jack and Candice thanked him and disappeared through aset of double doors. Crates lie scattered in the hallways as Mardyapproached Binks, Robinson, and Jenkins. 

"I'msorry about Fort Greyesmorre. We lost communication with the otherF.O.B's and nearby bases. I'm afraid that we are the last militarystand point here in Boston. My men know it, and the civilians hereknow it"

"Hasit gotten that bad?" asked Jenkins.

"Noit's been getting worse. A third of my men and a quarter of the civilianshave gotten sick and joined in the ranks of the undead. We had toquarantine them in the first floor. Young children too. We learnedthat when we opened the doors and lost three soldiers and our onlydoctor. The civilians here don't know but after the water has beenshut down, morale from them has shrunk. But as you can see that isjust the small problem. The big problem is the relentless push of theundead. They've been at all day since yesterday, and the day beforethat" said Mardy as they began walking down the hallway passingsoldiers carrying ammunition belts and ammo crates.

"Andthe ammo situation?" asked Binks.

"Wehave enough to keep going like this for a couple more days. But ifthis keeps up we'll be forced to evacuate Fenway but evacuateeveryone" said Mardy as the four entered his office.

"Sir?"asked Staff Sergeant Robinson.

"Ifyou want to say something say it and don't waste my time" saidMardy as he got out a box of cigars and handed Binks one.

"Permissionto join my men sir" 

"Notyet. There is something I need to discuss with you before you go.Please take a seat" said Mardy as he pointed at a chair next toBinks. 

"Therest of you can leave. Get some chow and some rest. This is a discussion between me and Sergeant Robinson" Mardy said, a stern look on his face.The other soldiers nodded and stepped out. 

"It'sbeen hell here Sergeant I'm not going to lie. I've been told you areSpecial Forces correct?"

"Yessir. Part of the 116th Spec Ops Brigade"

"Iheard about them. How many deployments did you have Sergeant?"

"Uh...eight sir. 3 in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan, 1 classified, and 2 inSomalia. I don't mean to be rude sir but why do you ask?" SergeantRobinson asked, eye brow raised. Major Mardy got up and looked out ofthe window, eyeing the countless tents covering the baseball field.He watched as hundreds of soldiers run through the field like afrantic ant colony. "What I'm about to tell you is hightlyclassified Sergeant so listen up. You properly heard about a similaroutbreak starting in Russia and China a couple weeks prior right?" Mardy asked as he turned to face Sergeant Robinson. The Sergeantshook his head. "Well, we were already aware of this virus beforeit hit the US. The CDC has analysed this virus and found a way tokill it off for good. I honestly don't know how but the informationto produce such an antivirus or weapon was to be put on a flash driveand delivered to Fort Greyesmorre for production and distribution. Iwas in contact with the pilot as the plane went down. He got sicktoo. I sent a small strike team, Strike Team Zulu, to find the chipand bring it here; but I lost contact with them. I can't spare anymore men Sergeant, you can clearly see that. But you, seem to be ableto accomplish tricky situations. I want you to go out there and findStrike Team Zulu. If they didn't make it, retrieve the flash driveand take it to D.C"