Trials of the Fair

Start from the beginning

Focus! My mind shouted, while simultaneously eyeing his messy, dark hair.

"Reece." I said again, trying to enforce the talk on both him and my heart.

"I know." He said again, his tone stressed. He turned his face back to mine and for a flash of a second I noticed the exhaustion in his eyes. It made something in me break. Without a moment's hesitation I walked straight up to him and threw my arms around his, nearly toppling him over. He was surprised but recovered quickly to return the hug with equal or perhaps more vigor. We sat like that for a while, neither of us moving at all. This is what he made me feel - relaxed and at ease at a mere embrace. If I could describe soulmates to someone human, I'd pick moments like this right here. Moments that were flawless because it involved nothing more than just the two of us...being there.

Eventually, I cleared my throat and moved away, my face slightly red at the show of affection that I had initiated, but Reece was certainly in a much better mood. Without warning he raised his hands and snatched me back again, my face crashing into his chest as I let out a little squeak. I was sitting awkwardly on the bed, half in half out and in the space between his knees.

"This is better." He murmured dreamily, his chin on the top of my head. My vision was filled with him. His firm chest, his scent, his hands on my back, everything around me was him - and it was amazing. "I wish we could just be like this all day." He said again, and I felt like he was talking more to himself - or was it to his wolf? I was about to comment on his corny behaviour but the next instant he flipped me on the bed, my hands pinned to my sides and my body under his heavy one. My wide eyes met his' in alarm. He acted like I weighed nothing more than a pillow!

"Or like this." He said, looking down at me with a mixture of possessiveness, protectiveness - and a lot of lust. I wanted to get him off me, I really did. But he was gazing down at me so intensely, as though he needed me with him tonight or else he might go mad, and so I just stared back at him speechless. This man, he was my other half. Surely I could hold off my embarrassment for a moment or two.

Until he dipped his head down and caught me by surprise, capturing my lips with his. His lips moved against mine gently, urging a reaction from me but I was too stunned. I could feel him reach down further, press our lips together harder and then it was too much. The sharp, wonderful current roamed my skin at his touch, eradicating all my barricades of decency and modesty. I gave back with equal vigor, my resistance shattering, and I raised my head up to match his force. Reece growled in victory before claiming my lips with his again, and somehow our talk reduced to moans and groans - most of which were from me, much to my horror.

We lay in bed for a good fifteen minutes, he had let go of my hands which were now in his hair, while his own hands were grasped tightly around my waist and the back of my head. It was fervent and intense, like we were trying to make up for those two years that we lost - no reservations. However, when his hand moved from the side of my waist and placed itself just below my collar bone I knew that we needed to stop. I took his nomadic hand in my own and pushed it down, he obliged immediately but didn't stop.

"Reece!" I squeaked, turning my head away from him and breathing hard. "Hmmm?" his voice came out muffled as he took the opportunity to trail hot kisses on the side of my exposed neck. If it wasn't for his heavy body above me, I was sure to have bolted off the bed because of the pulses of electricity going through me at every single peck of his lips. Gaaaaaaah!

"Reece!" I wheezed again. Goodness gracious! This feeling would drive me insane! "Reece! Stop! I-I can't take this!" I tried again, trying to get my heart rate under control. Why was my neck so sensitive?!

I didn't get to say his name a third time because my lips were attacked once again. I put both my hands on the square of his chest and pushed, hard. He immediately moved away, although I don't think it was my upper body strength that managed it.