Chapter 10 - the Test

Start from the beginning

~~~

"Natsu!" As soon as I step back into the hospital Lucy runs into my arms. "There you are! Where were you!" Before I can answer she smashes her lips onto mine. We stand like that for what feels like forever. Finally it's just the two of us. No more kidnappings. No family. No police and no hospital, just us. But of course someone had to ruin our moment.
"Natsu Dragneel?" A police officer walks up to me, wearing a stethoscope around their neck.
"That's me." I say. "Can I help ya, Doc?" I wink at Lucy and she giggles. "I need to talk to you about the situation outside. Traumatizing an innocent, disturbance of traffic-" Lucy interrupts. "Excuse me officer, but standing in the middle of a road isn't exactly illegal". "Lucy Heartfilia. You are correct however property damage and attacking innocent bystanders are. Do you have any mental disturbances we should be aware of?" Me and Lucy shake our heads when Ezra and Gray nod theirs. "Guys!" They both look down guiltily.
"We'll need to put you through some testing."
"Testing?" Lucy says, concerned. "What for?" "As I am aware, Natsu has a hard past. With all of the recent events, your school's 'baby project' and the idea of being a father along with Ms. Lucy's recent kidnapping he may be having flashbacks and relieving past experiences. You may have heard of deja vu, this is similar to that except in a very negative way. Teenagers with this kind of mind and traumatic past often end up dying of sadness and confusion of give up." I squeeze Lucy's hand. "Give... up?" She questions. "Suicide." The doctor says. "To get rid of this you will need to go through counseling in order to learn how to let go."
My mind flashes back to what happened in the street and me saying I would never let him go. "Now Natsu, do you have any idea of what could be causing this? Is your mother sick, is your brother out of jail?" I shake my head but Lucy speaks for me. "He has no idea." She says quickly. The doctor looks at me suspiciously and I nod. "Alright." He says. "Your first appointment will be with Dr. Zeira tomorrow." I nod and grab hands with Lucy as we walk out.

~~~

"What does this look like?" Dr. Zeira holds up a pic that I can only as if death and the ink thing inside a pen had a baby. "A blob". Dr. Zeira changes the picture. "How about this one? What does it really look like to you?" There are just dots, dots everywhere. "The freckles on Lucy's lower back." The doctor crinkles her nose. "Moving on, what does this one look like?" This time it does look like something. "A gun." I say. She smiles at me and nods her head. "Good." She holds up another. "This?" I stare at the picture and everything starts to blur together. I see faces rushing around, Zeref's, Wendy's, Lucy's. I see a police badge, I see jail bars. A drink, alcoholic I think. Images are swirling in and out and I grab my head, groaning. "Natsu? I need you to focus. Focus with me here, Natsu!" My head snaps up.
"Let's try a different method, shall we?" I let my head bob down in disappointment. "I don't get it." I whisper. "Don't get what?" Zeira doesn't even look back at me as she sets a candle on the coffee table. "I've never felt this way before." I say. This is all so new. "Care to be more specific?" She points to the area across from her at the table. I walk and sit where she pointed. "I would if I could." She smiles at me.
"Put your hands out." I move my hands and place them on top of hers. "Now stare into the candle. We are going to try a method similar to hypnosis to figure out what has been bothering you. Stare into this candle and don't look away. Don't even BLINK." She says, exaggerating the word 'blink'.
"Natsu. Your name is Natsu. Natsu. Your name was given to you by your mother. Your name was given to you by your father. You are a Dragneel. A name from your father the king of dragons and you are the prince. Nicknames run in your family. Dragneel is the name of your mother. Your brother," at the mention of Zeref I clench my fists. His voice echoes in my head. "Natsu, my you've grown up." "your sister. Dragneel's are proud. Or they were until your family broke that bond." I squench my eyes. "Your father became abusive and your brother killed him and your little sister out of rage and mistrust." I start to breathe more heavily, I find it's starting to get harder. "Natsu. Stay calm." She whispers. "You are here, Natsu Dragneel, to make sure you do not make his same mistake. So you don't injure yourself or others." I think of Lucy and I find I can't breathe. Suddenly darkness engulfs me as the candle blows out. "Natsu!" My eyes snap open. "Did I do something wrong?" I ask. "What happened. "It ended a bit early but I think I know what your problem is. Sorry -who- your problem is." She looks my directly in the eye.

"I think it's about time you visit your brother."

_____________________________

YAY! I FINALY UPDATED!!!

OVER 5 THOUSAND READS OH MY GOD THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! THIS IS AMAZING AND I FEEL SO HONORED (going to stop writing in caps) to have had my book read by all you beautiful people.

Anyways, thanks guys again so much!
I love you all more than anything right now. I guess I'm kinda going through some 'things' so I really love how nice and understanding you all have been.

Now for the next update (I will try to make it faster although I'm going to be traveling A LOT MORE and WITHOUT ANY WIRELESS) I'm going to boost it a bit because of that (please don't be mad) so here it is-
//35 votes//
//30 comments//

Alrighty, once again thanks, love you all, peace.
Boblona returns to ruin the book of poop manga and anime are weird

🌈ᎯℳℬЅ🌸