Chapter 3 - The Appointment

I think this is going to be my main story. Should I ask questions of the chapter like I do on other books?
~~~
(Still Natsu's POV)

I roll over to my side to see Lucy resting peacefully. She's kinda pretty in her sleep. I think to myself.
Honestly I think it's cruel to force her to do something she doesn't want to do and I'm really mad at the government. I mean we're both not even adults yet!
I had never really treated Lucy kindly. Or payed her mind I guess. I remember slapping her books out of her hand or pinching her and her short friend.
I miss my friends and I can't imagine how much she missed hers. They're all she has you know?
I twirled a piece of her blonde hair between my fingers suddenly she started shivering.
"N-Natsu?" She said almost half asleep. "Yeah Luce?" I whispered. "I'm c-cold" I pulled he closer. "C'mere" she snuggled against me and immediately her teeth stopped chattering. She turned around so her head was a bit under mine. She wrapped her arms around me. "L-Lucy?"
"Goodnight Natsu" she mumbled quietly. I put an arm around her and kissed the top of her head. "Night Luce. Sweet dreams." I close my eyes and soon enough I'm drifting off to sleep too.

---

When I wake up I expect to feel a sleeping blonde in my arms but I stead I feel a soft and fluffy pillow.
I bolt up.
"Luce?" I shout looking in different rooms.
"Luuuuuucyyyyyyyy? Are you there?"
As I walk into the kitchen I see I note in the counter. I picked it up and unfolded it. I expecting a ransom note and was getting ready to call the police when I decided to actually read it instead of assuming. Smart right?
It said:

Dear Natsu~
        No I didn't get kidnapped. This morning I awoke to a knock at the door. It was the same woman from yesterday. It's time for me to become pregnant, remember? You looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake you. I'll be back by noon don't worry. They're serving me food so feel free to eat lunch without me.
See you soon,
   Lucy H.

I immediately felt stupid. Of course that's where she is. I look at the clock. 10:09. 2 more hours until Lucy comes home. I sit on the couch and turn in the TV.
I'm going to die of boredom. And no one will ever know.

(Lucy's POV)

When I woke up this morning I was tangled in Natsu's arms, and he was tangled in mine. I had slowly slipped out of his grasp and away from his warmth, sliding a pillow in between his two arms. I watched him as his chest rose and fell.
Was I in love with him?
Did I like Natsu in that way?
No. I couldn't. Not yet.
I got quietly got dressed glancing at Natsu the whole time. Silently hoping for him to wake up so I wouldn't have to go alone. I walked to the front room as I heard a knock coming from the front door. I opened it and there was the same woman from yesterday.
"Lucy Heartfilia. It's time to go." I nod and follow her out, locking the door as we leave. I'd crossed my fingers wishing for luck.
So now as I'm sitting in the waiting room with several other girls some I recognize and some I don't, I'm terrified. I wish I had woken Natsu. I need someone to talk to. Apparently yesterday Juvia, Levy, Mirajane, and Erza all came in. Why couldn't one of them have been saved for today. I look at the clock on the wall. 10:09. I wonder if Natsu's up yet? Has he discovered I'm gone yet?
"Lucy Hearfelia?" I look up as my names called. I see a small and pretty young nurse who looks to be in her late 20's. She walks over to me and smiles, "come with me miss." I swallow and follow her up an elevator and through several rooms and hallways until finally we reach a small room with a reclining chair and two metalish bars where I'm supposed to set my feet. The nurse hands me a hospital gown. Take off all your clothes and put them in that bag. She points to a bunch of plastic bags in the corner. Then put this on and sit in the chair with your feet against the metal things. Be patient and the doctor will come around shortly.

I sigh. Slowly taking off my shirt, then skirt, then bra, then undies. I take my hair out of its ponytail and I take off my shoes and socks putting them all in one of the bags like I was instructed to do.
I sit in the chair and wait.
After several minutes another woman doctor walks in. "Hello, Lucy correct." I nod and she smiles. "Wonderful! I'm going to be taking care of you until the testing is over. You can call me Michelle." I nod. "Great." She smiles.
"Now." She walks over to the side of the room and pulls out a weird tube like thing from one of the drawers. On her way back over she asks me, "are you ready to become a mother?"
No. No I'm not. But I don't say anything. I just let her work her magic squeezing my eyes shut.

I'll be home soon Natsu.

---

11:31. I grab a couple slices of pie and a small chef salad and head out the door. I'll just eat in the car.

When I get home Natsu's asleep on the couch but immediately jumps up when he hears the door open.
"Hey." I say. "Your early." He says. "By five minutes you dum-ball." I flick him on the nose and he falls to the floor pretending to be dead. "Haha very funny." I walk to the living room and grab the remote for the TV. "Whatcha wanna watch?" I ask Natsu sprawling myself across the couch. "Dunno. Was waiting for you." He walks over to me and puts his hands on his hips. "Scoot over." I stick my tough out at him. "No. You can sit in the chair rig-OW!" Natsu had sat on me.
"But this choice looks so much comfier." I let out a small giggle. "N-Natsu I ca-n't bre-eathe!" "Oh shoot Luce, sorry!" He moved off of me and stands up. I smile and scootch over letting Natsu have the other half of the couch. He gives a small laugh and sits next to me.
"What're we watching?" He asks. I ponder the question for a minute then answer. "How about something from Ghibli studios. Like Totoro or Howl's moving castle?" "Castle in the sky?" Natsu asks, I nod, standing up and putting in the disc.
After we finish the movie it's about time to make dinner. "Do you wanna cook or do you want me to cook?" I ask Natsu. "You've had a hard day. I'll cook." "Alright. Thanks." I give him a quick hug before sitting myself at one of the seats on the island in the kitchen.
"Hey, Natsu?" He doesn't look up from his work but he nods. "I've been wondering. Are we... like...." I pause. "Do you love me?" He stops and looks up. Then looks back down and continues his cooking. "Of course I love you. I mean you love me too, right?" I look down. "I don't know." I mean I've always hated him and suddenly we're in this situation and I spontaneously like him? What's up with that? "Maybe it's hormones." I look up. "Wha-" I begin to say. "I know that's what you were thinking. And maybe that's why I like you, I guess." Natsu says. In a way.... Kinda lovingly.
"Awwww" I say squealing. He blushes, hiding his face. "D-dont get used to that! You just looked do-down that's all!" "Right sure." I laugh and slap him playfully on the head. "Keep telling yourself that mister."

~One Week Later~

I immediately bolt out of bed covering my mouth with my hand and running to the toilet, puking out almost all of last nights dinner. I flush the toilet, put down the seat, and sit putting my head in my hands.
I let out a quiet "ohhh" as I quickly realize something.
I pull out the pink pregnancy test and follow the instructions carefully, waiting a couple minutes before pulling it out and looking a the results.
Positive.
I start to cry. Heart racking sobs that wake Natsu, as he comes running in and without and questions grabs me and starts rocking me until my wails quiet down.
I show him the pink stick.
His mouth makes a tiny 'o' shape.
I look up at him, tears still streaming down my face.

"Natsu I'm pregnant."

~~~
So yeah. Lemme know what you think in the comments. I don't have much to say other than thank you for 681 followers!!! Love you all!!!

( " \>

\ \>

\ \>

\ \>___

/ \

| .... |>

\ / \ /

|| ||

C./ C./

Peace
-Ambs