(Eddsworld x child) Swings on the Sleeping Tree Part 16

(Nara's p.o.v.)

I woke up the next morning to birds chirping and faint sunlight through the windows. I smiled. I was beginning to smile more often. 

Yesterday after breakfast Tom, Tord, and I watched some movies. They were very fun and at first looked to be little people trapped in there. It was very confusing.

I stretched my arms over my head before throwing my blankets on the floor. I climbed down on the floor. I slowly walked through the grey walled room before quietly opening the door. I looked through the halls seeing no one there. I then made my way through the house, doing a bee line straight to the back yard.

I walked barefoot onto the porch before calmly walking over to the tree. I had named the tree the sleeping tree because it was a place I liked to take naps. I looked up into the high branches and spotted a plank of wood tangled in the branches. I started slowly climbing up the branches making my way to the highest branches. I quickly snatched they piece of wood and climbed down slowly with it tucked under my arm.

I stared at it for a while before setting it down propped against the base of the trunk. I looked over the backyard trying to find any ropes. I found a small pile of rope near the porch. I dragged the pile closer to the tree before sitting down near the tree.

I fastened the two ropes to the opposite ends of the plank of wood. I grabbed the two ropes before silently climbing up the tree. I sat down on a sturdy low hanging branch tying the ropes around the branch. I climbed down the ropes standing on the seat. I sat down with my back facing the house and my face toward the just risen sun. 

Life is beatiful in small moments, but there are still years of misfortune to match.