(Eddsworld x child)His name is Edd Part 4

(Nara's p.o.v.)

I woke up not long after falling asleep in the room, my sleep was dreamless but I didn't care about that. I was more focused on where I was and what to do about it. I slowly slid off the bed I didn't want to because I had never slept on a bed before. Though I pushed on heading towards the door my bare feet padding gently as my grey hoodie which was far too big for me swished gently just above my knees. I cracked open the door and looked out into a hallway with baby blue painted walls. I quietly stepped out looking around for anybody. There was no one there. 

I heard laughter. I froze on the spot at the noise. From the sound I guessed it came from a mob of children. I inched down the hall trying to locate the source. I came up to an entrance of some kind and peeked my head through. I looked in awe as I saw around a dozen kids sitting at tables eating....Food! I slowly walked in at the thought of food. 

"Oh hello Nara how did you sleep?" I heard a voice behind me say. I whipped my head around to see Julie. I nodded. She looked at me curiously her head tilting to the side like a cat. "Are you hungry?" She asked out of the blue. My stomach growled causing the whole room to fall silent. She laughed causing me to blush. "Well come on sweetie lets get you something to eat then." She said her smile getting bigger by the second. 

(Time skip)

It was after what everyone called lunch that Julie told us to go play outside. I followed everyone out the door trying to avoid stares. I then walked over to a tall oak tree in the corner of the yard and began to doodle in the dirt.

(Edds p.o.v.)

I arrived at the orphanage not long after shouting I have an idea. That idea being to get them a new friend but knowing them they are horrible at making friends, so why not adopt a friend.

I walked up to the glass doors of the building and entered the lobby. The lady on the desk had a nametag that said 'Julie'. I walked up to her and smiled brightly which she quickly returned. "Hello! How May I help you today?" She asked her eyes brighter than stars. "Yes I would like to adopt today!" "Okay sir follow me their all outside right now, you can go out there and chose your pick." She chimed in a sing song voice. I followed her out a set of doors to a rather large yard full of rumbling children. I walked over to a group of children who were staring at a tree in the corner of the yard. "Hello! How are you today?" I asked them. They looked at me and ran off. I sighed this is gonna be harder than I thought it would be. 

I looked over at the tree they were staring at. I realized they weren't staring at the tree but a girl that was sitting against the tree playing in the dirt. I walked over to the girl to see what she was doing all alone. Her head was down looking intently at the dirt not noticing when I stood in front of her. I gasped when I saw what she was drawing. She was drawing birds but not just doodles they looked like real birds. She looked up at me quickly when I gasped. I then could take in what she looked like her brown hair was cut short and had clumps of dirt and red, but it was beatiful. She also had one of her eyes covered by a grey cloth the other eye was a dazzling shade of silver. Her skin was pale as snow and she was malnourished and bruised by the looks of it. "Hello there, what are you doing over here by yourself?" I asked gently. She was quiet "My name is Edd by the way whats yours?" I tried. She looked down at her feet and said faintly "Nara." "Well Nara how would you like to be adopted?" I said. She tilted her head in confusion. "What's adopted?" She asked with a little more volume. "It means you get to come home with me and be cared for." I said. Her eye brightened when said that "yes!" She said. "Okay you stay here for a bit I'll be right back." I said holdings my hands in front of myself. She nodded as I got up and walked towards the building.

(Nara's p.o.v.) 

His name is Edd and he's here to adopt me. I smiled as I waited.