Epilogue

*2 years later - 18 years old*

He left.

Those were the only two words that were racing through my mind right now.

He left.

He left me.

I broke things off with Noah two years ago. We didn't talk for a year. But I had to get him back.. I loved him.

So I did. We snuck around, went on small dates behind everybody's back again. I knew it was risky - especially with everything that happened the first time.

But I realized I loved him. I truly did.

And now he left.

"What do you mean?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes as I stared at my Dad.

"He's gone. He turned 18, and took off as soon as graduation ended," Dad said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Did he.. Did he say anything? Why he left?" I asked, wiping my eyes as tears fell.

"No," he started. "Look, sweetie, I know you loved him."

My head shot up and I stared at Dad with widened eyes. How did he know? I didn't drop any hints.

"What do- what do you mean?" I stuttered. Dad came forward, sighing and wrapping his arms around me.

"You two tried to sneak, but it didn't work. I let it slide because I saw how much you two truly loved each other," Dad said, rubbing up and down my back.

"I'm sorry," I said, crying into his shoulder.

"It's fine," he said. "Maybe.. Maybe it's time you move on from Noah."

"How? Dad, he just left," I said, pulling back and tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I understand. But you two have been fighting recently. I know this because I saw you break down a lot, and Noah might have told me when I asked because I threatened him- but that's not the point," he started as I gasped at him. "I think it's time to let Noah go."

"I can't do that. I-I love him," I whimpered. I frantically wiped my eyes as new tears came to the surface.

"I know, honey. I think you need to try though."

***

"Let's go out," I said to my friend Brooke that I met in uni a few weeks ago.

"Oh! Let's go!" She yelled happily. I laughed and started searching through my closet for something to wear.

It's been three months since Noah left. It was now September and I have started University.

I decided that I'm done waiting around for Noah. My Dad was right all along. We were fighting. It's time to move on.

Brooke and I got ready and made our way to the Underground. Neither of us had a car. Dad never let me get my license, and Brooke never wanted hers.

The Underground wasn't that bad though. Sure, there is a lot of sweaty old people and a few hookers, but it wasn't that bad.

We got off at our stop and made our way to the club we decided to go to. It was the club my Dad and Uncles first brought me to when I turned 18.

Yeah, they bought my first drink and threatened me to never drink again or they'll kill me. They said, 'You can only drink on your birthday. When you're with us. When it's bright outside. And when it's on us.'

So in other words, I'm not 'allowed' to drink. But who the hell said they'd find out?

"Let's do this!" Brooke giggled and grabbed my hand, dragging me over to the bar.