paying for past mistakes

Start from the beginning

"Have you called the police?", sensei Wu asked.

"Um.. no", Ronin responded.

"Why not?", Nya asked in confusion, she had tears in her eyes.

"I-... uh, left something there. If they find it I'm afraid that they'll probably think it's connected to the murder", Ronin admitted.

"Why would you leave something in the forest that you're going to retrieve!?", Jay shouted. "Someone else may take it!"

"How should we know if you aren't just lying for us to get away with murder?", Zane asked suspiciously.

"Are you accusing me?", Ronin asked, taken back.

"Zane's right, your story sounds pretty unbelievable", Kai agreed. He had calmed down when the others talked.

"What is this something anyway?", Lloyd asked.

Ronin hesitated. 'I can't tell them that I was looking for a duffle bag filled with money! Then they'll get suspicious and I have to tell them the whole story which will end up with me in jail! But if I don't say anything I'll still go to jail! I wish they weren't so close to the police!' (Watch out for what you wish for ;) #totallynothappeninginseason6)

"Spill the beans already", Cole said as he and the others waited for an answer.

"I was... looking for my...bag. It contained very-uh... valuable stuff. But guys, please, you have to believe me, I did not do it!", Ronin pleaded. The others gave him a doubting look.

"If it indeed wasn't you who committed the murder, who was it?", Misako questioned in a firm tone.

"The knife I found DID belong to you", Ronin said carefully and put emphasis on did.

"Wait, are you blaming us now!?", Nya exclaimed. "I've been making breakfast this morning"

"Kai and I have been training outside", Cole said.

"I've been reading a book", Misako claimed.

"I've been washing our clothes", Zane said.

"I've been sleeping", Jay yawned out.

"So have I", Lloyd added.

"And I've been meditating", sensei Wu said.

Time skip 4 hours

After arguing with the ninja team Ronin was now in his rented apartment in Ninjago city. His pawn shop was still destroyed so he couldn't go there yet. He hid R. E. X. in a secret location so he could use it for emergency.

He took a bite from his cheese burger as he wondered about who killed Skylor. His gut feeling told him that it was one of the ninja, but which one?

'I'm not sure how good her relations were with the ninja but I think it was quite good, but looks can deceive. She was Kai' s girlfriend and Nya said that she was her best friend, but there may be things they've left out on purpose to make their relationship seem good.'

'Jay seemed the most uninterested of them all or he was just genuinely tired. He was not that serious either but it's Jay, I shouldn't be surprised'

'Zane was kidnapped by master Chen, Skylor's father, in the past and maybe had a grudge against her, I know this because, well, I was the one assigned to capture him. But he doesn't seem like that kind of person.'

'Lloyd could've been mad because his father had to sacrifice himself to stop master Chen but his anger is directed to master Chen, not Skylor.'

'Cole may had hidden evidence since he was late but he had an alibi by Kai.'

'Sensei Wu and Misako were more angry at master Chen than his daughter and they're too honorable.'

Ronin perked up as it suddenly clicked in his mind.

Who was the murderer?
Why do you think so?
How hard was it(1-10)?

______________________________________
Ronin: eyyy, people! Thank you Shad0w3clipse for requesting this case!

Skylor: we hope you enjoyed it!

Author: I learned that I can't work with an old plot so I had to throw away my previous idea about this and make a completely new one, go with the plot, improvise the things I forgot and polish the story in less than a week for publication while taking care of my lil sis and feeling sad for no reason. I hate puberty :(

Skylor: uh... anyways-

All: BYE AND HAPPY SEARCHING DETECTIVES!