page 8

"So let me get this straight " Aubrey set a bowl of cereal down on a marble kitchen counter in nothing but navy blue boxers , a robe and socks with Adidas flops. Standing on the other side of the counter Kennedy wished so much of Aubrey's skin wasn't on display.

"You don't want the car anymore ?" He elaborated.

"To be fair I never wanted it "

Aubrey didn't respond immediately but chewed on his Cheerios leaving Kennedy to watch him awkwardly.
Just when she thought he was done swallowing he dipped his spoon into the bowl and took more cereals in his mouth , repeating his earlier action.
Looking Kennedy in the eye and chewing like he had all the time in the world.

"The one time I do something out of the goodness of my heart , your first thought is that I want something in return " he finally spoke.

Kennedy opened her mouth to argue but Aubrey silenced her before she could. "I already told you that when I want you , ... I'll have you "

"That's just the thing Aubrey , I'm not some object that you can just claim when you want ". "My body is not for you to have "
Aubrey stayed quiet looking down at his bowl and that's when Kennedy left her spot on the opposite side of the counter to stand directly next Aubrey.

"So I'm sorry but no more partying or sitting in on basketball games with you ... and no more accepting gifts from you " she informed like it was hard for her to do so but it had to be done. Still Aubrey had nothing to say.
Kennedy took it upon herself to deposit Aubrey's empty bowl in the sink and pour him coffee , strong and dark just the way he liked it.

"The interview with GQ magazine is scheduled for 12:00 p.m so the driver will be here within the next hour , you should probably go freshen up , I can help you with your wardrobe again but your stylist selected stuff for you to wear at the photshoot and I didn't get a chance to find out if there's any questions they should avoid asking you?"

"So it's all business from now on ?" He asked instead of responding to anything she had said.

"I'm just trying to do my job "

"Okay Miss Hudson I'll go freshen up "

This time the way he said Miss Hudson was cold and lacked any kind of affection or humour like before.
He kept it that way for the rest of their working relationship that entire month. This made room for Kennedy to do what she had to do without worrying about making the same mistake his former assistant made. Not to say that Aubrey became less friendly but then the sexual advances and comments came to a stop.

Currently sitting in DJ khaled's home Kennedy busied herself with social media as Aubrey and him did some studio time.

"Kenny baby "

Kennedy looked up from her phone , feeling a bit surprised about the term of endearment.

"Won't you do us a favor and take Ashad to his mother " Aubrey gestured to the baby sitting on Khaled's lap.

"Sure " she rose to her feet and accepted the adorable DJ Khaled mini me in her arms with love.

"Let's take you to momma " she balanced the baby on her hip. The baby reacted fondly by showing a toothless smile that melted her heart.

"I can already tell he's going to be a heartbreaker this one "

"I think he feeling you " Khaled commented looking up at them from his seat behind the studio sound board. "And we can't even blame him "

"Well lucky for him I'm willing to wait a few years " she blushed heading out of the home recording studio.

"Behave yourselves !" Khaled yelled after them playfully.