page 5

When Kennedy's eyes cracked open her head felt like it was going to explode from all the things that felt wrong. Her not being home in her bed but in Drake's office on the leather sofa was the first thing nagging at her. Secondly there was Aubrey and everyone else from the last night being unconscious around her , on the floor and some on the other sofa of the mini lounge. It was a total mess with empty bottles and cups scattered all over the floor.
With all the strength Kennedy could muster she sat up and ran a hand through what was once perfectly straight and silky hair , it was now a wavy mess.
Making sure not to step on any of the scattered bodies or wake them she tip toed to the direction in which she spotted her cellphone and purse.
She was appalled at the condition of her face when she flipped open the selfie cam of her iPhone which was filled with pictures of the previous night's debauchery and fun. It had really gotten out of hand but she had the time of her life , her cheeks were growing warm just remembering it.
Kennedy looked over her shoulder at Aubrey who had fallen asleep with his back to the sofa she was asleep on then looked back down at her phone to check the time which was currently at a quater to one in the afternoon.
Letting out a sigh she scooped her heels from the floor and tip toed barefoot out the door.
Downstairs members of Aubrey's staff worked on clearing up the party's mess , stashing empty bottles , cans and cups into garbage bags. Others worked on clearing tables littered with cigarettes and used up joints , the mess was endless from discarded underwear to condoms wrappers . Kennedy watched as a short African American woman grimaced at a used condom she stepped on.

"Nasty ass motherfuckers , swear their mamas ain't taught them nothing " she muttered in an annoyed tone.

Kennedy bit on her bottom lip trying hard not to laugh as the woman approached her.

"You lost young lady ?" The woman still had the annoyance from earlier in her tone.

"I'm just making my way out " Kennedy explained looking down at the elderly women.

"You coming from upstairs so I assume you're coming from the master bedroom "

"No , I don't even know where it is , I'm from .... "

"I'm not going to have this conversation with you young girl , I know how this goes , the door is open you don't need anyone here to unlock it for you "

"Oh .. uhm okay thanks " Kennedy awkwardly marched off to the mansion's exit and scanned the driveway for her jeep. Once spotted it she was in her car ready to drive back home.

"Up next we've got a DJ Khaled and Drake collaboration hope you enjoy this one it's titled For Free "

Kennedy laughed at the irony of that very song playing on the radio when she was driving back from his house where that song played at the party. She used her one hand to reach over and increase the volume as she shook her hips to the beat and rapped along to the lyrics.
The one night she spent with Drake and his crew resulted in her already viewing them like family , he was now Aubrey to her on a real personal level , not just Drake or Aubrey her boss.  The crew was   most probably the most entertaining and fun people she had ever come across in her life.
Kennedy was walking into her home smiling at her memories. There was the energy and music , the laughs then there was the steamy moments and jokes in between that Kennedy wanted to believe only happened because of alcoholic influences , she refused to think of them as more although her body felt differently.

"I know I'd fuck you for free " Aubrey had whispered in her ear the night before as they danced to the song in the early hours of the day , 2 a.m to be exact.

"Technically you wouldn't because as your assistant I get paid "  Kennedy teased.

Remembering that line made Kennedy come to the realisation that all the inappropriate behavior between her and Aubrey would have to come to a screeching stop , it shouldn't have even gotten there in the first place. She was now regretting even entertaining anything now that she stood at front door ready to unlock it and face her girlfriend.
Kennedy followed the inviting smell of freshly baked goods and it led her to the kitchen where Perez sat on one of the counter stools with a glass of wine in his hand and Tori stood behind the counter pulling off oven mitts from her hands.

"This is a pretty decent walk of shame for a girl coming from Drake's house" Perez commented.

"Fuck you !" She rolled her eyes then turned her attention to Tori who remained passive.

"That smells amazing " Kennedy commented joining Perez by the counter stools.

"You not even going to bother explaining yourself ? " Perez chimed in once again.

"I was getting to that " Kennedy hissed through her teeth. "And I  don't see why I should be explaining myself when I am a grown ass women"

"Atleast tell us how much fun you had ?"

"I'm not sober enough to have that conversation , look my head is killing me "

"I'll rush to the store with Pepe to get you some aspirin, I'll be right back just watch the chocolate for me " Tori gestured down to the pot of melted chocolate and milk mixture busy simmering then rounded the kitchen counter to give Kennedy a peck on the lips. "Just turn the heat down in the next three minutes then you can go lay down "

"Come on Pepe let's go , you're giving Kennedy a headache " Tori tapped Perez on the back for him to get a move on.
Tori was a pure hearted and compassionate soul. The type to heal your headache and not cause it , Kennedy had to be grateful.

The minute Pepe and Tori were out the door Kennedy's phone rang.
Looking down at the screen she was met with Aubrey's contact info on the screen.

"So we have such a great time last night then you don't even say bye ?"

She was hearing his voice for the first time since the night before yet it felt like it was the first time she was speaking to him in months.

"I thought you were an expert at how the concept of a one night stand works " her voice was a little scratchy from the out of hand partying.

"One night stand would mean I actually fucked you "

Her cheeks grew warm at the thought. "We can consider it a non sexual  " party "one night stand since it was the only time that will ever happen "

"It doesn't have to be "

"How else will I work for you if you dragging you're tongue across my belly and having me grind on you ?"

"We can make it work "

"If it didn't work for your previous assistant I doubt it will work for me " she said firmly.

"As cliche as this is , she wasn't you ". "But anyway I was just calling to see if you made it home safely and to tell you to keep the jacket "

"Thanks that's actually nice of you ! My head is just killing me but it's nothing I won't survive " she informed.

"Rest well then , hope you get well soon "

"Thanks Aubrey " she smiled down at her phone in a daze until a cloudy mist of smoke from burnt melted chocolate mixture had her coughing and rushing to the stove. 
Without thinking Kennedy tried pushing the pot off the hot stove plate and somehow touched the heated metal part that made her hand throb with pain.
The pot was now on the floor with its burnt contents scattered.
"Get it together ..." she said to herself while running cold water over her burnt  hand. If she was going to keep this job she couldn't afford to be clumsy or give in to temptation.