Chapter 12: Talk about a bite on the ass

Start from the beginning

"Aila?" I look over at Dallas and Mace as sobs rack me but they're too busy yelling at Liam to notice my terror. I turn to Pan and see the questions in his eyes but I shake my head. 

"I don't....not yet...take me somewhere safe. Please?" Then I bury my face in his shoulder and pass out.

PAN POV

Terror rushes through me as Aila passes out in my arms and it's an emotion I could have done without. As a wolf I had very few emotions to deal with. Hunger, anger, and mating being the most. In some ways that was better but then I never would have understood this feeling I have with my mates. I look over to Mace and Dallas as I set Aila gently down on the bed and I feel anger flow through me. This I could deal with. Our mate is passed out in terror and they're too busy arguing with Liam to notice? Shifting into my wolf I leap off the bed. Alpha glances at me as I whine but neither Dallas nor Mace look at me. Growling I stalk forward intent on my target. Then before I can think it through I bite Dallas on the ass.  

The room fell silent as I released Dallas and step back so he can turn around to face me. I hear Tuck and Tumble laugh at me through the bond as I meet Dallas's eyes. When I see his anger I snarl viciously. Normally it takes a lot to make me angry even as a wolf but he has no right to be angry. Snapping my teeth at him I shifted to my human form, uncaring that I was naked. Growling at him I poke my finger in his chest as I speak. 

"Our mate is laying over on that bed passed out from terror and you are fighting with Liam. You get your Alpha butt over there and fix it." My lip starts to tremble and I turn away from him. No one moves as I shift back into my wolf form and leap back on the bed. I nudge her arm with my nose and crawl under them, smuggling close to her. I feel the bed shift as I close my eyes and snuggle closer to Aila ignoring whoever set down. I felt something shift in the air and turned my head to see that Aila's eyes were open.

.

......................

AILA POV BEFORE SHE WAKES UP

"Don't despair over what you cannot change, baby. You can't stop someone else's actions. The best you can do is tell them you love them anyway even if you have to be the one to stop them." I open my eyes to see Momma in front of me, her eyes on mine, as she brushes the hair from my face. 

"How do I keep seeing you Momma?" She sighs and sits back. 

"You're a very special girl Aila and you need me right now. I'd hoped you wouldn't find out about..." I clench my eyes shut. 

"I don't want to talk about that!"  

"Aila Lettice Sway. You are the Ultimate Omega and you will act as such. I know this is hard for you but know is not the time to cower. You have to be strong now. Let your mates help you then let this go for now. Just remember that there is a lot that isn't as it seems." My eyes had flown open at the of my full name and I was grinning by the time she'd finished. 

"Momma, I'd forgotten how bossy you were. Thank you." She leans down and presses her lips to my forehead as she begins to fade. 

"No problem baby. That's what Moms are for."

..........................

I open my eyes to see Pan's eyes staring into mine. I reach out my hand and rub his muzzle. I really do love his wolf. He always makes me feel better. 

"Panny, why are you a wolf?" He huffs and rolls his eyes and I glance over his head to Dallas and Mace. Both of them have guilty expressions on their faces as Dallas speaks. 

"Are you okay little one?" My lip quivers as the events to me passing out flicker through my head. I shrug and sit up on the bed as Dallas sits down, wincing. I lean over Pan and touch his shoulder. 

"Are you hurt Dallas?" Mace snickers and Pan huffs as Dallas shakes his head. 

"We're worried about you right now little one. So stop avoiding the question." Someone clears their throat and I turn to see Gremlin at the foot of my bed. He looks at Dallas and nods toward the door. 

"Can I talk to you a minute?" Dallas scowls and looks back to me. 

"I'm as good as I can be Dally. Go see what Gremlin needs." Dallas sighs and stands wincing slightly as Mace snickers again. When the door shuts I look back to Mace. 

"Okay what did I miss?"

....................

DALLAS POV

When I heard the door open and felt Aila's terror I'd wanted to rush out there but Liam wouldn't let us by him. That pissed me off and it's what I'd been yelling at him about whenever Pan had bit me in the ass. I'd been so angry that I'd forgotten about my mate and now Gremlin wanted me to step outside. Clenching my fists I slam the door harder than I intended and Liam raises a brow at me from his position by the door. Gremlin crosses his arms and looks up and down the hallway to make sure no one's around. Impatient to get back to Aila I growl at him.  

"What is it Gremlin?" Gremlin scowls at me before answering. 

"What...what did the man that come in look like to you?" I roll my eyes at his dumb question briefly wondering where my laid back attitude has went. 

"Like Aila's dad. Red hair and brown eyes." Gremlin's brows draw together as he looks at Liam. 

"And you?" Liam shrugs and glances at me. 

"The same." Gremlin sighs and runs a hand through his hair, messing up his spiked hair.  

"See that's where we have a problem." If he didn't get to the point soon I was going to pull a Pan and bite him on the ass. I hear Mace, Aila, and Pan chuckle in my mind and I realize I've opened the mate bond. 

"Pull a Pan?" They say at the same time and I growl mockingly at them. 

"Not now you three Gremlin's upset and I need to know why. Go take a bath. We're leaving shortly." Then I close the bond and see Gremlin is now pacing in front of me. I grab his arm and he stops to look at me. 

"Adan." He frowns then sighs. 

"I saw the same man that killed our little sister but he didn't look like our Dad. He looked like you Dallas. He looked exactly like you." I felt my heart start to pound as I release Gremlin and stumble into the closed door. NO! How is he still alive? And how did Gremlin see through his glamour? I look at Gremlin and see his eyes watching me. 

"Who is he Dallas?" Unconsciously I rub at the scar over my heart as I answer. 

A/N:  I'm so mean.  I know.  HEEHEE