"Why?"

"I just had a miscarriage Ryan! Just give me some time!" I get out of bed and get re dressed. I head to Emma's. "Hey Em!"

"Hey there's my hot pregnant sister."

"I'm not pregnant Em I had a miscarriage. I had already lost the baby when I told you guys I just didn't know."

"Aww I'm so sorry Riley."

"It is what it is. Is Victoria and Allen still here?"

"Yeah." I go to Victoria and Allen's room.

"Victoria can we talk?"

"Sure." My mom and I go outside.

"I want to know why you hate me so much."

"I don't hate you Riley. I'm mad at myself for cheating on Allen and I guess I have taken it out on you all these years. It's not your fault I cheated it's my fault. It was a big mistake to cheat on my husband with your father but I don't regret it because I got you out of it Riley."

"But why do you give me such a hard time about Malik and stay away from him?"

"I'm sorry for everything I said about you and Malik. I'm still mad at myself I felt like you were following in my footsteps getting pregnant and not being married and not knowing who the father was. I should have been there for you and I'm sorry."

"How do I know you mean what you just said and aren't just telling me what I want to hear?"

"Riley I do mean what I said and I actually want to be in your kids life and be a grandma to them. That's why I went and got your crib fixed for the baby you have on the way." I start crying.

"There isn't a baby anymore mom I had a miscarriage. I lost the baby before I even told you guys and later that night I found out I had a miscarriage two days ago."

"Riley I'm so sorry." My mom hugs me. We head inside. "So will you and Ryan be getting married anytime soon?"

"I don't know he has to propose to me first. Or maybe we won't get married at all. Like why do we need a piece of paper to show that we love each other and want to spend the rest of our lives together? I just don't really see the point in it if we love each other and know we want to be together for the rest of our lives I don't need a stupid piece of paper for that to say that. I don't want a wedding. I don't see the point in it."

"Honey getting married is everything it's showing you commit to your partner for the rest of your lives and that you will always have each other's backs."

"Okay and I don't feel the need for it to be on paper if we commit to each other we do. I don't need a wedding or a fancy dress or the over the top cake to show that I love someone and want to be with them till we die."

"So what if Ryan does ask you to marry him?"

"Of course I will say yes but I don't want a wedding I'm fine going and getting eloped."

"How does Ryan feel about this?"

"He doesn't know."

"Well shouldn't you express that to him?"

"I will." I leave and head home.

Eight months later.

Ryan and I have been dating for almost ten months now and it's going very well.

"Riley when will you say yes to my proposal?"

"Ryan I have told you how I feel about marriage."

"Riley I love you so much. I know how you feel about marriage but I want to make it official. That we commit to each other till the day we die. "