Chapter 15: The Storm before the Calm... Before the Storm?...

-Tyler's P.O.V.-

-Dream/Flashback-

"General Landin... What do you mean? Why is Fox being relocated so suddenly?" I demanded, hands on my hips. General Landin looks at me with an odd look in his eyes.

"You love her, don't you?" He asks, and I laugh.

"Is it that obvious?... I love her, yes... I love Fox with everything I am. You can't just up and relocate her now, she's the last thing that I have from my past that isn't a painful memory! She's the only good thing that happened to me! I can't lose her, you can't do this!... Please, don't do this!"

General Landin looks down at his desk and let out a breath. "Son... I'm sorry, the orders aren't from me. They're from above me. She's served her time here, and now she's going to her next assignment... It's probably best you just tell her good bye, and that you love her... You likely won't see her again for a very long time, if at all."

I shake my head vigorously. "No... No, this can't be happening... Why does it always seem that I get back what I miss the most, and then someone just has to come and take it all away!?" I growl, and General Landin shakes his head softly.

"I don't know, son-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! I'm not your son!" I snap, and his face pales rather oddly. I don't look any more, shoving the door open and running down the hallway, a dark, sickening poison seeming to be seeping into my heart. Into everything I was, and it was tearing me apart slowly. I couldn't breath. I couldn't speak. I want to scream, but it's like someone's covered my mouth with a towel.

-End of Flashback-

I'm going to lose Fox... I was losing her, this time it seemed to be I would lose her forever. And there was nothing I could do.

And then... The man came to me...

-Flashback-

I pant softly, holding myself tightly and tears streaming down my face. Why did it have to be Fox. Why does it have to be her!? Why can't it be Avery? Rihanna? Why can't it be one of them?! Why must they take what I have come to need so much to recover from the pain? I don't realize that my fingernails had cut into my palms until I feel something warm trickling down my skin, and I open my fists to find my palms cut open a bit and blood seeping out of the crescent-shaped cuts in my skin.

I want to scream. I want to just run away to somewhere only I know about... and curl up under something. I hold my head and try to remember how to breath. I had hidden myself behind the Training Dome, usually where one might find other Recruits making out and other things. But, for now, it was only me, myself, and my agony. However, after several moments of hard, strained breathing to try and calm down, I realize suddenly that I am not as alone as I had thought.

"Hello, Tyler Landin."

My eyes shoot open, and I launch to my feet, looking towards the source, and I swear this dude is from Skyrim. Like, Dark Brotherhood assassin of "
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim". I stand a bit more warily and growl. "Wh-who's asking?!"

"Oh, dear, you really are as jumpy as they had said you were going to be!" The Dark Brotherhood Man says and chuckles. "Who is asking? A friend best not met, or is it... A friend best not remembered?"

Ugh, the last thing I need right now... Riddles. "Speak in English that one can understand, please?" I ask, rubbing my forehead. "Who are you?"