10: Saber's P.O.V.

Darkness.... The Consuming Darkness...

I couldn't feel anything but pain... searing, stabbing, biting pain all over my body. My wing... My sides... my head... I hurt so badly. It made everything fade to oblivion. So much agony... I beg for myself to escape, trying hard to claw away the Darkness. Push away the pain. All that came to me was more... More and more... I couldn't feel anything else... I felt my conciousness slipping once more and I cry out, hoping for some answer.

'TYLER!... RIDER, HELP ME.... WHERE ARE YOU?!... I CAN'T FEEL YOU! COME BACK TO ME!... PLEASE, HELP ME!...'

And everything fades to away within the agony, and it all fades once more as I slip from reality for the fourth time... In I do not know how long...

---- One Day Later ----

I feel myself returning to consciousness to a gentle beeping. A low, repetitive noise that sparks my interest. Where was it coming from? I weakly open my eyes and groan as light, once my ally, blinds me momentarily. As it clears, my heart starts racing, a odd sense of fear seizing hold. The room I was in was small, with a few machines sitting around, several of them beeping and chirping. It smelled extremely sterile in here, a heavy bleach scent making the air kind of hard to breathe, but it was bearable. I was lying on a platform, made of what appears to be cold, thick steel, wires and small tubes all over my body. I slowly move my head and look down at my battered body in shock and fright.

My abdomen was burnt badly, but it seemed only to be the scales having been charred, and a singed sensation to the skin under. My sides were far worse, the smell of burnt flesh making my stomach clench. The scales there had been utterly devastated, and some were even burnt so bad that they were falling apart as I moved ever so faintly.  I whimper softly and sniff, feeling extremely panicked. One of the bigger machines started beeping rapidly, and a moment later, someone dressed in all white came in quickly.

"Saber, you need to calm down... You're okay, you're safe." The man says gently as he moves over to me quickly. I try to speak, but all that comes out is a painful, raspy meep. "Don't try to speak, it'll hurt you even more... You've been through a lot, you need to rest... The Lights seem to be working with healing you... You took quite a lot of damage, when I first saw you..."

I whimper softly, trying to convey that I wanted Tyler. I want my rider so badly... The man frowns softly, then softly shakes his head.

"Your Rider is okay... They're doing everything they can do, he's going to be just fine... He's worse than you, by a long shot... I hate these Cage Fight Victims... They just come in, worse and worse condition every time... This is a new low..." He says angrily, then sighs. "You'll be fixed up by the end of today... Just focus on the Lights, Saber... Focus on letting your body take in the light..."

I huff weakly. My rider was hurt more than I was?... They were doing everything they could?... That does not sound reassuring. I sigh softly, knowing quite well now that he would say no more about my dear Tyler and listen to him rant. The last part catches me off guard and I weakly tilt my head. Take in the light?... I look at the lights over me, and I realize that somehow I had been absorbing the light they were giving off. I look back at the man and nods faintly.

"Good, you understand. I'm sorry this has happened to you, and I wish that you didn't have to go through all this." And with that, the Doctor walks out of the room, after tapping a few times, and I see something start dripping. I sigh quietly, before something weird starts happening. I feel as though my wings and limbs were getting rather heavy, and my eyelids were weighed down. I grunt in surprise, before closing my eyes and it all fades gently into nothingness once more...