17: Truth Comes From A Liar

-Tyler's Point of View-

"Hello, you've reached the inbox of Fox Shields. Leave your name and number, I'll call you right back~"

"Hey, Fox... I dunno if you still have your phone or not... Probably not... I miss you... Damn, I miss you... You probably won't get this message... but if you have your phone... if you do get this message... I wanted to tell you that... Fox, I love you, and I hope that, in the end... We can be together again... not just as friends... I... I was going to ask you this before you left... But... if you ever do visit... If I see you again... Would you like to go out with me?..." I ask, before looking at the phone. "I... I love you, Fox... Please be safe... Gods, please be safe..." I plead, before hitting the Hang-Up button, looking at the phone I was holding.

Suddenly, I'm actually pretty thankful of my father for giving this to me. If not for him, I'd be writing unaddressed letters, hoping to get some kind of contact before I were able to send them. Guess that he really is looking out for me, huh? I sigh quietly and hug the phone to my chest, eyes closed tightly as I sat alone in the house that Fox used to live in. My dad moved me in so I could take care of it for her. Now, I spend most nights looking at pictures and leaving a million phone messages on her cell. And curling up in a corner, feeling rather dead inside. I just... I couldn't shake the feeling that she was in dire straits... Like her life was in danger... I don't understand why I feel this way...

I just hope that my gut is wrong... Then again, my gut has yet to be wrong...

Hopefully, this time is the first time it's wrong...

------------------------------

-THIRD PERSON P.O.V-
--SOMEWHERE IN ALASKA...--

Fox's eyes snapped open, icy irises flickering around as her pupils adjusted to the low light. She could still feel a faint pulsing in her neck, and of course the vast emptiness...though that was all she could feel. Her arms and other limbs felt....numb. For the first few moments, she couldn't move. Couldn't think.

But, slowly and surely, the few thoughts left in her mind surfacing once she began to stiffly sit up, locks of red silk hair in a mess as they tumbled over her shoulders. Her lips twisted into a frown. It had been a setup. She didn't know what for, but Blagden's yelling and her sudden 'unsafety' was all suddenly potently suspicious. 'Great job, Fox. You couldn't have realized earlier?' Her mind prompted, and she huffed in frustration. She reached down after looking around the room, hoping to find her pistol. But of course there was no holster there. Of course they wouldn't let her keep her weapons.

She let out a soft sigh, managing to grab the of the bedpost and get to her feet. She felt weak, but she didn't really care. She needed answers. Fox took this time of sluggish movement to brush herself off and evaluate her surroundings. She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair, wishing that there was a window so she could at least get a look at where they were. It occurred to her that she hadn't said goodbye to Tyler before she'd left...he'd be worried, or at least she thought as much. Her lips twitched, and she gasped as the Train started to speed up... And didn't seem like it stopped speeding up.

Her jelly legs buckled underneath her, and she went down, groaning and cursing as she landed. "Stupid legs." She grumbles, before hearing  that there was yelling outside her room, heavy footfalls, and then the wall slides open, a man holding out his hand. "Colonel Shields-Colonel!" He yelps, rushing in.