Chapter 33 -The third round begins, a ninja back from the dead?

Start from the beginning

*Kale! What are you doing?*  *I’m sending clones into the crowd for later, so we’ll have 15 extra on our side when the fighting brakes out. I shrouded their chakra and had them create random disguises, so they won’t be picked out of the crowd.* I smiled, *you know you’re brilliant right?*  *You’re just discovering this?* he smirked, returning to my body. “Oh there’s one more thing before we get started,” the proctor pulled out the tournament bracket of match ups, “take a good look at who you’ll be facing.”

A smile came to my face, my body already itching to let loose and beat Dosu into the ground. “Question, question!” “What is it?” “I was ah, just wondering what’ll happen to Sasuke, I mean if he doesn’t show up?” Naruto asked. “If a candidate isn’t here by the time their name is called, they forfeit the match.”

Naruto looked back at the entrance, I leaned towards him, “don’t worry about it, Kakashi’s just gonna make him late,” “Are you sure?” “Sure I’m sure, when am I wrong?” “Alright listen up, the terrain is different but the rules are the same… that is that there are no rules,” “absolutely no rules?” I interrupted, he glanced at me, “none.”

The others looked at me curiously, I only smiled; “The match continues until one candidate acknowledges defeat or dies; that being said, if I determine the match is over I can step in and stop it at any time and no arguments permitted. Understood?” he took our silence for consent and continued.

“These are the opponents for the first match; Naruto Uzumaki and Neji Hyūga, those two stay while the rest of you go to the waiting area.” “You got this Naruto, remember your promise to Hinata,” “I know, don’t you worry Saki this is what I’ve been training for,” he grinned. I smiled back at him and moved to leave, “good luck sensei, you’re gonna need it,” I winked at him. 

~~ Clone 1 ~~

I sat down behind Sakura, Ino and Choji, waiting for the first match to begin. “Hey Sakura, I know you’re worried that Sasuke isn’t here yet but come on don’t be a lump, aren’t you going to at least cheer Naruto on?” Ino spoke. “You’re right,” “that’s more like it, not that the hopeless little runt has a chance of winning,” “he’s not that bad,” “are you kidding?” Ino laughed. “Not that bad? Is that the best you can do?” Sakura turned her head away with a huff; I cracked a smile and shook my head as everyone but Naruto and Neji left the field.

~~ Clone 2 ~~

I seated myself behind Kotetsu and Izumo, waiting boredly for the matches to begin. I couldn’t even see where the other clones were and only knew that we had split up, 5 to each of the three main stands with one per row. The only one I knew of was the one near Sakura, four rows over; “hey Hinata, these seats are free,” Kiba said, walking over to the empty spots next to the two Jonin. “Oh thanks,” she replied quietly, “I think this is going to be an interesting match,” he said.

“Who would have believed that little squirt would survive this long,” Kotetsu commented, “yeah, he’s been one lucky kid so far but his luck’s about to run out, he’ll never survive this one,” Izumo spoke. “Yeah it’s gonna be painful, going up against one of the Hyūga clan, he doesn’t have a chance,” Kotetsu added.

“But I’m interested in his teammates match,” “the Uchiha? Yeah that’s the one most came to see,” Izumo said, a smile in his voice. “Him too, but I was talking about his other teammate,” my ears pricked up, “other teammate? You mean that girl who came late?”

“Saki Kiyomizu’s her name, talked to her during the first exam; she knew my name without me or anyone else saying a thing, I was hoping she’d do well.” “Is she the one…?” he trailed off, “the very same,” he nodded. I frowned, seems there’s been quite a bit of gossiping… I just hope it didn’t go too far from its sources. I glanced back casually; catching sight of the cloaked ANBU in the back by the wall… at least who I hoped was ANBU.