Chapter 33 -The third round begins, a ninja back from the dead?

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 33 -~-

“Kale!” I shouted through the cave, hoping he would appear… he didn’t. “No, no, no, no!” I ran out into the forest; he would have gotten away, it’s not possible for someone to catch him! I picked up my pace, the trees flying by in a blur as I approached the front of the mountain; I’ll be able to see everything from there, if anything’s happened… I shook the thought away; I came to a halt at the cliff looking out at the village. My eyes scrounged the area before finally falling on the apartment building; it was fully intact, nothing changed in the slightest.

“Kale…” I whispered fearfully; suddenly something wrapped around my waist, I opened my mouth to scream but a hand clamped over it before I had the chance. I bucked and twisted but they just held tighter while pulling me against a strong chest. “Hey, hey, hey, calm down,” I froze, “and here I thought you were worried about me,” an amused voice said.

I ripped the hand from my mouth and spun around, “Kale?” He smirked down at me, “the one and only,” I tackled him in a hug, practically choking him. “I was so worried!” I examined him for any injuries and seeing none proceeded to slap him, “where the hell were you?” I glared at him.

“Some way to treat your hero,” he mumbled; “well, after you escaped I transported out of there and led him away from the apartment. Once he was far enough away I went back and got your clothes and stuff,” he handed them to me. “Why’d you get my stuff?” “We can’t go back there tonight, he’s probably still searching for us and that’s the first place he’d look.” “Oh… I guess we’re staying in the cave again then,” I slumped on the ground next to him, my fatigue returning as the adrenaline wore away. 

He chuckled, “tired?”  I yawned, “no I’m trying to catch fireflies in my mouth,” I said, always having enough energy for sarcasm. He rolled his eyes, gathering me up in his arms, “hey,” I protested weakly. “Just go to sleep, I’ll keep watch tonight,” “but what about you?” I mumbled. “I don’t hear any snoring,” “shut up… you know I don’t… snore…” I trailed off, giving in to a dreamless sleep.

'Boom, Crack'  “Huh what, I’M UP!” I sat bolt upright, looking around wildly. The hell, what am I doing here? My mouth fell open as my mind caught up with me; caught all the way up… “SHIT!” I jumped up grabbing for my clothes, “KALE WAKE THE HELL UP WE’RE LATE!” I screeched, “wha…? Shit!” he jumped up as well.

I ran out of the cave, strapping on my weapons pouch as I went, “I thought you were going to ‘keep watch’ what happened to that!” “I did! I decided it was ok to sleep for a bit when dawn came! I overslept!” he yelled back at me. We came to a halt at the top of the mountain, the remains of the fireworks falling from the sky; “we’ll never make it in time!” I groaned.

“Yes we will,” he smirked and linked his arm with mine, letting his hands run through a few hand signs. “Wait! Someone will see you!” I tried to stop him, but it was already too late; a cloud of smoke incased us as the jutsu did its job. I blinked as we appeared in a dark alley, “you didn’t think I thought of that?” he chuckled and disappeared. *Now get going, you may be late but Naruto is even later.* I turned the corner and ran out into the street, weaving around pedestrians; soon the arena came into view and I barreled towards the entrance.