chpt 7

Khii's P.O.V.

Its fun messing with my dad. He acts like he's loosing his mind when he is around me. I'm not trying to make him look bad he is doing it to himself. But I mean that Sam girl is kinda cute tbh.

Plus Teo shouldn't be worried about her anyway. She can do better, and the only girl I want Teo to be with is my mom. Even if they can't be together cuz y'know she's dead but who is he to move on so fast?

But come to think of it he doesn't even know she is dead. But I think I'll just keep it to myself for now cuz he probably is going through enough considering Ayo just beat him up.

Teo ran out the restaurant door and Sam went to go after him but Julio stopped her. "Let him go, he needs to think about things"

I tossed and turned trying to find a comfortable spot next to Ayo but it was no use I wasn't gonna get any sleep tonight and I knew that for a fact.

I climbed out of bed slowly trying to avoid it from creaking and I slipped through the door walking across the hall and peeking inside Teo's room.

He sat on the edge of his bed holding an ice pack on his face. He was bruised so bad I sr arted thinking of that Bruno Mars song.

Black, black,
Black and blue beat me till im gone

I forgot the wrest. But anyway..

I opened his door up and stepped inside. He glanced at me and looked away. He didn't yell at me or even roll his eyes his face was completely expressionless.

"Im sorry about your face, I didnt mean for that to happen" I said sitting next to him. He didn't respond, he just clutched something in his hands.

I reached over and undid his fist, surprisingly he didnt stop me instead he opened his hand revealing the same picture of him and my mom that I had found yesterday morning.

Now looking at the picture more closely I could see that the house in the background was this house.

Teo looked down at me tears streaming down his face.

"I loved her" he whispered. "I loved everything about her. She was beautiful,  and so intelligent, and she knew everything about me. And I loved that she always listened and-" Teo's voice trailed off and he began sobbing.

"Then why did you leave?" I asked the question killing me.

He wiped his eyes. "You think I left?" He asked his eyes growing hurt. I nodded "you said so"

He sighed "I didnt mean that. I never even left well it was like- ughhhhh" he groaned laying down on his back.

"Can you tell me? I've been waiting 13 years to know"

Okay well not 13 years because I didnt know i had a dad until yesterday but I had been alive 13 years without knowing so either way I deserved an explanation.

"She didnt tell me she was pregnant. I came home one day and told her that my tour was starting and she seemed happy. She told me that she wanted me to go, and i mean she asked how I felt about a kid and I said I wasn't ready. She promised me she wasn't pregnant and when i went on tour she stopped calling and stopped texting. I went to her house the second I got back but I said the for sale sign outside and then I thought she left"

I hadn't realized i was crying until I felt tears drip onto my leg. It was my grandma's fault, I bet it was.

"Why didnt you keep looking?" I asked upset. He was quiet for a while and then he finally spoke "because that wouldn't have been the first rime somebody left me without an explanation."