She unlocked his cage and stalked forward, walking right up to him but left enough space that if he decided to spit again, she was out of range. Titania was enjoying getting a reaction out of him. His face so open and easy to read.

"And having a bit of humanity helps, but knowing you, of course, have none." He responded angrily, "Of all the females..."

She growled lowly.

"I will not accept you." He finished, hazel eyes burning with fire.

She raised a clawed hand to his neck as anger tore through her system. Sparks licked at the contact and their bond grew and throbbed, pushing for much more.

"I do not care for that. Do whatever pleases you rogue, but you will tell me why you attacked my pack members." She felt her grip tighten, "Right now."

He spluttered as he watched her wide-eyed. It was a miserable feeling. Her touch ignited feelings and heat that were pleasing to his soul but her harsh touch was the opposite, only fuelling his distaste. He was torn and looking deep into her eyes, he spotted nothing that showed that she felt the same way.

"Ne-v-v-er."

Warm blood dripped down his neck and the metallic smell caused Titania to retract her grip. Its potency was mouthwatering and she caught herself before losing it. Her wolf was throwing itself against her barriers and her want for this male, only escalated with the contact.

He coughed, spitting blood onto the floor as his neck bled freely. Marks from her claws branding him. "Why don't you let your lackeys beat me again, I'm sure you'll get it out of me that way." He said smugly before releasing a scratchy chuckle.

"I have much better methods." She ground out.

Titania did not like the idea of others causing him pain. Not one bit.

Inwardly, she cursed the bond which forced emotions on her. After the past three bondmates, she knew the signs, quite well, but this was much more. He was much more and the bond, at this stage, was much stronger than anything she had ever encountered.

He recoiled slightly at the morbid tint to her eye and did not put it past her to hurt her own mate. He had heard the rumours. Listened to the tales of the Scottish Alpha. She was insane and had murdered every bondmate she had been mated to. Murder was putting it lightly to him: she had torn them to shreds.

She was the living embodiment of the black widow spider.

"Why?" She asked and his eyes dulled slightly.

She felt a twinge of guilt in her gut looking at the spilt blood. For she was just as bad as the males in her past; for hurting him while he could not defend himself. Pushing that thought down she knew that right now, for the safety of her pack, she needed to know why there was an ambush and those responsible behind it.

Pushing her wolf forward she forced submission from the male. Static filled the already stagnant air and his body, tired and weakened, gave in to her. His body may have lost the fight but his eyes promised her that he would never stop fighting her. A smirk danced with such a prospect.

Giving in, for now, with a sigh he responded, "I want a swift death in return."

His request momentarily surprised her, he would prefer death over being bonded to her. Even she couldn't deny the hurt in her gut. She shook away such pointless emotion.

She nodded, not allowing the wolf to hear her discomfort.

"I have your word?" He prodded.

Again she nodded against her better judgement.

"We were hired to test your border."