babysitter ༄ seven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"THANK YOU FOR COMING."

Juhyun had placed her large cup of coffee onto the dark wooden table belonging to a popular, cozy café. She was wearing the usual lawyer attire consisting of a stylish suit, her hair tied back to reveal the rest of her flawless features. Kyungsoo was wowed. Terribly.

He sat in front of her emotionlessly. "What did you need me for?"

It was a bad time for their meetup to occur. This morning on the usual commute to work, he spotted an oddly depressed Jung Ara as she left her apartment to university. Once approaching her, she'd brushed him off swiftly and left downstairs. Yet, Kyungsoo swore he saw her wipe a few tears away. All he'd wanted to do now, at five in the afternoon, was to find out what made her so upset. Even if it wasn't his place to comfort her, it was common courtesy to at least show her he cared.

"I wanted to apologize," she admitted, expression turning from nonchalance to regret. "The way I acted yesterday was so so wrong."

Hearing Juhyun own up to her mistakes was rare. There was more of a chance that the divorced pair would rekindle their relationship. That rare.

"I appreciate your apology," he responded in gratefulness. "Yesterday was heated, I get it. You're stressed out with all the wedding things, you want it all to be perfect."

"It really isn't," she frowned in an oddly tearful tone. Her gaze averted down to the steaming coffee in front of her. "You won't believe how bad it all is."

Despite Juhyun's grating personality and strive to make everything go her way, hearing the once most important person in Kyungsoo's life upset made him empathise a lot more than he'd hoped.

"What's wrong?"

"Junmyeon and Kyungri..." she trailed off, sniffing. "They don't get along. I'm scared that when we finally wed it'll get worse."

Hearing that was a blur for him. "You mean Kyungri — the nicest, most sweetest child you could ever ask for — doesn't get along with someone? She's friendly to everyone!"

"Well not to Junmyeon! Whenever he tries to play with her and such, she pushes him away rudely. Last night, he put her to bed — his own request. He said when he'd attempted to kiss her goodnight, she ducked under the covers and refused to get up!"

Stifling an incoming chuckle, Kyungsoo sighed. "I'm sure it's not only her. It must be a two–way thing."

"I assure you it's not. Kyungri's become so spoilt! What do you do that makes her feel so entitled?"