That Night [Pt. 1]

Laughter fills the room, echoing loudly in my ears. Probably Niall's, I think as I reach forward to grab the bottle of whiskey that taunts me from its seat on the coffee table. I catch sight of the blonde cackling as he rolls back and forth on the couch across from me and let out a snort. Definitely Niall.

"Louis! Louis, do it again!" Niall crows, propping himself up on his elbow as he gazes at his bandmate. The Irishman's face is a pleasant red, and he can't stop grinning.

Louis stands in the centre of the room, shaking with his own laughter as he takes a swig from the beer in his hand and stumbles back slightly, hitting the wall behind him.

"Awright, awright," he mumbles, waving his free hand around his head.

I lean back into the couch, fingering the large bottle in my hands. I watch in amusement as Louis sets down his beer, props one hand on his waist and the other straight ahead of him before yelling, "SUPERMAAAAAAN!" and throwing himself forward onto the cushions of the couch. Niall bursts into another round of giggles, clutching his stomach.

I look up as Zayn wobbles into the room, blinking his dark eyes blearily.

"Hey... Vas happenin?" he spreads his arms wide and smiles as Liam steps in behind him, clapping a hand on his shoulder.

"Someone's started the party without us, I think!" Liam chuckles, stepping over a few beer bottles to sit next to me on my couch. He turns to look at me. "You doing alright, Harry?"

"Fine," I shrug, dropping my head down so my curls fall forward before sweeping them to the side. My eyes slip over to watch Zayn, Louis and Niall all lounge on the two-seater, making up some stupid rhyming word game.

"They haven't drunk too much, have they?" Liam jerks his chin in Niall and Louis' direction, a slight crease forming between his eyebrows. Ah, here comes the Daddy Directioner.

"They're fineee," I smirk. "They're just being goofs." I take a sip of the whiskey in my hand and wince as it scorches a path down the back of my throat.

"I don't have to cut you boys off, do I?" Liam asks seriously, his eyes flickering between mine and the bottle in my hand. I smile easily at him and throw my arm around his shoulders, shaking him back and forth.

"Not in the least, Liam. We're having a good time, but we all know we have the interview tomorrow evening. We'll be off to bed soon," I reassure him. He doesn't look completely convinced, but he slowly nods in acknowledgement of my words. Meanwhile, Zayn has taken two shots of tequila and is starting to look ill.

"I'm not cleaning up any of your puke," Liam threatens, rising up from his perch on the edge of the couch.

"Yeah, yeah!" Louis calls out as Liam shakes his head and leaves the living room with a "G'night boys!".

Louis turns his drunken gaze on me and his smile widens into a huge grin.

"Hazzaaaaa!" He cooes, reaching out for me. I smile and heave myself up to a standing position. Whoa - when did the room start spinning? I press my hand to my forehead and let out a huff of breath in surprise. I need to remember that drinking a lot while seated and then standing up suddenly results in the realization of just how drunk you really are.

"Harry, are you okay?" Louis scrambles over Zayn to get to me. He leans in close, close enough for me to feel his breath on my cheek. He reaches up and places a hand over my own that was on my forehead and gently strokes the back of it with his thumb.

"I'm fine, Lou. Just a bit dizzy," I breathe out, appreciating his concern.

"Sit down, before you feel any worse," he suggests. Louis plops onto the cushions, wraps his arms around my waist and gently tugs. I ease back down next to him as he props his feet onto the coffee table. I casually drape my right leg over his and settle into the couch as he reaches over to play with my hair.