Chapter 6 - The new guys

I woke up with a jump and looked around me. I was in my room, laying tucked in my bed. The morning sun shining through my window. Everything was normal. I looked at the clock, 6:54 am. How did I get home?

I felt my head aching. Was last night real?
The memory of the night was a little blurry. I do remember everything, the kidnapping, the monster, running in the forest, but it all was now out of focus.
I stood up from my bed and walked to the mirror.
The person standing in front of me had red, tired eyes, eyes that still hold the terror from last night. I looked pale, paler than usual. I had the same clothes as yesterday, they were dirty and the knees on my jeans were ripped. This confirmed that last night actually happened.

I took a slow, deep breath. The air filling my lungs. Ones more I knew I could not tell anyone about the night. Nobody would believe what happened, I thought about telling Abigail but I didn't want to drag her into whatever mess I was in. I just had to come up with something to tell Michael and Sophia.

I thought about calling sick from school, but that would probably only make me feel worse. I wanted something else to think about, rather than staying home with only me and my thoughts.

I went into the bathroom, stripped out of my clothes and jumped in the shower. All the dirt and horror from last night washing off me. I then got dressed into something casual, put on some make up and brushed my hair.

I left my room and went into the kitchen were I expected Michael and Sophia to be, but it was empty. The dishes from yesterdays breakfast was still left in the sink. I looked to the table and saw a note. I picked it up and read it; "We had to leave early, food is in the fridge. See you in 1 week! /Sophia"

"How could I forget?" I questioned myself as I remembered our conversations. Michael and Sophia were traveling to New York, Michael had some buissness there to attend to. They had probably left early in the afternoon, which means they probably never knew I was gone for so long.
At least now I didn't have to make up an excuse.

****

I closed my locker and started walking with Abigail to the school cafeteria to eat lunch.

"You look tired" She said and looked at me.

"I know, I barely slept last night" I yawned as I answered.

"How come?" Abi questioned.

"Just couldn't stop thinking about that forest, that's all." I felt kind of guilty lying to her, but I didn't want her to freak out. Like what would I say? I got kidnapped and a giant wolf saved me? Nope not happening.

"It sure does hold many mysteries." she said as she nodded.

We walked into the cafeteria, got our food and sat down at the table with our friends Ryan and the twins Kate and Isaac.

"Hey, have you seen the new guys?" Kate said smirked while waving her eyebrows.

"No, who are they?" I asked with a curiously

"They're three guys, I heard they came from the city or something. They are super hot!" Kate answered.

Isaac scoffed making Kate send him an annoyed glare.

"Is it them coming through the doors right now?" Abi asked looking in the direction to the doors.

"That's them" Kate said also looking at the same direction.