Chapter 2 - Unexpected Meeting

I woke up tired. Even more tired than I usually am on a saturday morning.
I had trouble falling asleep yesterday. After what happened yesterday it's not that weird. All night I had thought about the meeting with the creature.
I could still remember those red eyes. In a weird way, I miss those red eyes. I miss the huge wolf with it's beautiful black fur. How could the wolf be so massive anyways? Maybe it was on steroids? I laughed to myself. Yup that's probably it, a wolf on steroids.

I sat up on my bed. I looked at the picture with the silver frame on my nightstand. I grabbed the picture.
It was a photo of me and my parents. I stood between my parents and we were all smiling brightly at the camera.

The photo was taken four years ago, on the day a finished middle school.
A year before the car accident that killed both of my parents.

My parents were always so nice and caring. They always wanted the best for me.
I remembered when I was little, my dad used to teach me how to fight, it was because he wanted me to be able to protect myself. I thought it was really fun and I was really good at it.
One time I accidentally punched a boy in school in the face and broke his nose. He was a bully so he did deserve it thought. My mom was angry but my dad was proud that I had stood up against the bully.

I sighted. God I miss them.

I putted the picture back on the nightstand. I looked around in my room. It was pretty small so I could only fit a bed, wardrobe and a tiny desk with a chair. The room was almost all white, accept the light hardwood floor I wanted it white because I think it makes the room look a little bigger.

Ever since my parents died I have been living with my ant Sophia and her husband Michael in their apartment. Sophia and Michael is around 30 years old. They are both really nice. I'm happy that I could live with them so that I didn't have to live at an orphanage.

Even thought I liked it here, I've been thinking about getting my own apartment next year when I'm 18. Sophia and Michael were probably going to have own kids soon so they would probably need the room too.

I placed my bare feet on the cold floor. I grabbed a hairbrush from the desk and walked to the mirror on the wardrobe. I looked at my long white blonde hair, it looked like a birds nest.

After I had combed my hair, I got dressed in a casual outfit, grabbed my phone and headed for the kitchen.

"Good morning" I said happily to Sophia who was making some scrambled eggs and Michael who was making coffee.
"Good morning Diana" they both answered.
"How come you are so happy?" Sophia asked, looking at me with a smirk. "Any guy involved, you did come home rather late yesterday." She added with a wink.
"Ha ha ha very funny" I answered sarcasticly, sitting down on one of the chairs around the dining table.
Michael grinned while putting three cups of coffee on the table, taking a seat in front of me. I took one of the cups and blew on it trying to cool it down a little before I started drinking.
"Where were you then?" Michael wondered.
"I were... At my friend Abigail's" I said trying to sound convincing.
"Sure you were" Sophia answered still with a smirk on her face.
I didn't even bother trying to convince her anymore, it's not like she's going to change her mind.
Instead I unlocked my phone and saw a message from Abigail. I clicked on it and it read;
"Wanna meet up?"
I started typing an answer.
"Sure, where?"
It didn't take long time before she answered.
"At the clothing shop, i need some new clothes and you are going to help me! :D"
"Haha ok, meet you at 10?"
"Yup"
I locked the phone again.

I looked up at Sophia and Michael.
"Is it ok if I go shopping with Abigail?" I asked Sophia and Michael as innocent as I could.
"Okay, but don't come home too late" Sophia answered, serious this time.
"I won't!" I answered rushing to the door. I grabbed my jacket, opened the door and stepped out.
"Bye!" I said before closing the door behind me.

I first realised it was raining when I came outside. It was very cold too, I were surprised that it wasn't snowing.
I put my hands in the jacket pockets, trying to get my fingers warm.
I hurried to the clothes store.

When I got closer to the store I saw that Abigail already was waiting for me outside.
"Hey Abigail!" I waved at her with a smile.
"Hi Diana!" She almost yelled when she spotted me. She ran up to me and gave me a hug. Abigail was the one friend that had always been there for me, even when times where tough.
"Ready to do some shopping?" Abigail asked super exited. She loves to go shopping.
"Let's go" I answered smiling. I loved shopping too, but not as much her. I don't think anybody loves shopping more than her.
We went in to the store and started looking at different clothes. For a small town, this town had a pretty big clothes store.
We tried tons of clothes, Abigail ended up buying a lot. I bought a few clothes, but I wanted to save some money, I still wanted that car.

After the shopping frenzy, we decided to go to a cafe just across the street.
"You can go to the cafe, I'll catch up with you later. I just want to try out theese dresses." Abigail told me holding a bunch of dresses.
"Okay see you later" I said before walking to the exit with like ten bags with clothes on my arms.
Outside it was as cold as before, but now it had finally started snowing.
I made my way over the street. I looked at my phone, we had been shopping for about three hours.
Since I wasn't looking in front of me. I suddenly bumped in to something. Felt as hard as hitting a wall and I dropped the bags.
"I'm so sorry" I said starting to pick up the bags from the ground, not looking up to the person I bumped into.
"Don't be." A deep male voice said and I froze on the spot, the voice was so perfect it gave me goose bumps.

********************
A/N:

Who do you think it is? 😏
I wrote a longer chapter this time, yay!
I really hope that you like this book and I'm sorry if this chapter was a little slow, we're soon getting to the good stuff!

Vote•Comment•Enjoy

XOXO Anna