Chapter 5 - Blood

Hearing the black wolf, I felt relief.

I looked at the scarred man, The fear I had from him was almost gone, the prescence of the wolf calmed me. Now it was his turn to be scared.

"What do you really want?" I said, more confident than before.

The man in front of me tried to cover up his fear with a smirk, but I could see straight through him.

"You don't know, do you?" he said amused, not giving me a real answer to my question.

"Know what?"

Before he had the chance to answer, one of the windows next to the him broke into a million pieces. Glass shards fell onto the floor. The scarred man didn't even flinch when the shards fell on him, he was concentrated on something else.

The black wolf, standing in front of him. The wolf had holded its head head high and looked more threatening than ever before.
It was showing its big white teeth and growling. The teeth and fur was stained red. Blood.

Slowly, still holding its threatening posture, the wolf walked around the scarred man. It stopped right between me and the man.
It's protecting me.

Out of no where, the scarred man started laughing. A cold and forced laugh. I moved a little to the side and looked behind the wolf, on the scarred mans face.
It was twisting.

His eyes went even darker than before, hair started to grow out around his face. His ears grew longer and pointier. I watched him in disqust as he grew into a hideous beast.
He looked half human, half god knows what.

Without warning, the wolf jumped at him with its jaw wide open.
The monster who was ones a man wasn't fast enough to move away, so the wolfs teeth sank into its shoulder.

The monster, using all its force, it managed to push the wolf away from itself.
The wolf didn't hesitate to attack the monster again.
They countinued to fight, the wolf having the upper hand.

My head started to get dizzy. I saw what was happening yet I did not understand anything of it. How the man could have transformed himself into a monster or why the wolf was protecting me. But I don't have time to stay and find out.

I knew the wolf would not hurt me, but I did not have the same thoughts as with the monster. My head was pounding and I felt like I couldn't get enough air. I started to hyperventilate, trying to get enough air to fill my lungs.
I have to get out of here. Now is my chance.

Without wasting a second I ran to the stairs. My heart beating like a drum in my chest.
Luckily I managed to make my way down without falling. I was just going to run out the building but stopped at the open doors.

I turned around and looked up to the top of the stairs, as I did I felt worry growing in me. A nagging feeling becoming bigger. I thought of the wolf, what if the monster injure him? Then it would be all my fault.
But I can't do anything, I can't help him fight that monster. Coming to my senses, I turned around facing the opening and the dark sky.

Just as I took a step foward, my foot landed in a puddle. It hadn't rained in days, the ground had been dry before, so what was there a puddle?
I looked down and gasped. It was dark and I could barely see, but I could see enough.

The puddle I stepped in had a dark color, I already knew it was blood. In front of my foot I could see a hand, only... it wasn't attached to anything.

I started panicking once more. There was other peaces laying around the hand but I couldn't bare to look at any of it. I started running over the puddle through a little clearing on the ground, not taking in any details of the surrounding.

I ran into the forest in the direction I believe the town is. My thoughts about the wolf had now changed. I still felt something for it, but I now doubted it. The thought about something being so rutheless made me sick to my stomach. Sure the men that had kidnapped me deserved punishment, but nobody deserved that.

I ran through the forest with only the light shine from the moon helping me see my way.
I never ones looked behind me. I wanted to get away from this nightmare.

I could feel my legs getting sore of all the running and it was becoming more and more difficult to run over the uneven ground. My head was aching after all that have happened and my vision gradually going black. I tried to continue running but hardly seeing anything, I tripped and fell onto the hard, cold ground.

Just as the darkness started to surround me, I heard heavy footsteps walking towards me.

**************