The Bet

Hey, maybe I'll actually start doing this again

Scenario: Kurapika refuses to get some rest by Chrollo's command so the Spider decides to make a bet with him in order to see who can stay up the longest.

Warnings: Fluffy~Fluff~

Extra: I thought that I'd be nice to do something like this since there hasn't been much Fluff with these two lately. I wanted to bring this ship back to its cute ancestors. ALSO I got this idea from a certain BillDip Oneshot book owner Midnite521 that little Miss SF got me into. Don't worry the chapters are very diverse in style and the overall pacing. And Midnite if you're actually here, thanks.

---

"Kurapika." He gentle and soothing yet ominous and empty voice called out from behind me. I snapped out of my thoughts but didn't bother to turn and look at him. Not like I wanted to see his face anyway. I felt his arms wrapped loosely around my neck, his forearms hanging down against my chest. He placed a small lingering kiss on the top of my head before removing his lips and letting his head rest in the crook of my neck. "You should get some rest."

"I should get some rest?" I reiterated the question. "When have I ever seen you asleep?"

"I could say the same for you, Kurta." I blinked, not bothering to respond. I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. "And plus, it's way past your bedtime."

"Who said that I have to abide by your rules?"

"Then don't." He replied to my comment, subtly. He lifted his chin from my neck and removed his arms from around me, standing up. I turned to face him, watching as he began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I asked the man.

"In the living room, waiting for your company." I narrowed my eyes just a tad in annoyance before turning back to face in front of myself.

...

I stood up. It had been around thirty minutes since Chrollo had been outside. I turned and began to head inside myself, going over towards the door. I opened it and stepped inside, closing the door behind me. I made my way down the hallway, pausing right before the living room. I took a small breath in and let it out before entering. Taking a few steps into the room, I halted when I was confronted with a flash of white zooming in towards my face. I grabbed it with ease, but my eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion. It was a pillow. I looked up and saw Chrollo sitting down on the couch, a smirk across his lips. That could only mean that whatever he had planned wasn't going to end in my favor. I let my arms drop to my side, pillow in hand as I made my way over to the black-haired man. I stood over him with an unamused look on my face. Without warning, I threw the pillow at him. The soft cushion landed right on his face, the man showing no signs of resistance. I crossed my arms, taking a seat beside him as he removed the pillow. Unfortunately, he was still wearing that smug grin.

"So why exactly am I here?" I asked.

"Because you walked into the Living Room."

"Chrollo." A hint of warning laced my voice as I spoke.

"Kurapika." He replied.

"Enough. What do you want." I asked. rephrasing my question from earlier.

"You." He replied, his eyes narrowing down and his smirk only growing. He tried to lean in towards me but I pushed his face back with my hand, not bothering to turn and look at him.

"Besides that," I told the man through clenched teeth, beginning to lose my composure with his idiotic replies. He sat back up but didn't take his eyes off me.