Nightmares Chapter 9

Nicos pov

"ITS ALL YOUR FAULT". The yell came at me from all directions. I recognized hearing those words. They were the ones Luke said to me. They didn't make sense ... at first, but his voice constantly filled my head. He repeated it over and over again until that voice began to change. It got higher pitched and louder each time. It evolved into a voice I haven't heard in a long time, yet one I could never forget.

"Bianca?" I called out. My voice echoed off of nothing. I was all alone, until i heard her again.  She was behind me, and suddenly we were back in Italy. We were back at the place that she, and my mother died. 

 Bianca came up next to me smiling and put her hand gently on my shoulder like she always did. I smiled back with a few front teeth missing.  We had gone on a vacation, even though it was only in the next region over.  As long as I was with Bianca, I was happy. 

We were walking out when I suddenly remembered I left Mythomagic cards back in the room. Being my little kid self, I ran in there without thinking. Bianca instantly ran in after me, trying to find out why i ran off. 

The entire building started shaking.  My mother caught up to us and tried to get us out. I ended up tripping and fell. Bianca and my mother did't notice and kept running forward. As they were running however, part of the ceiling fell in their path, falling on top of them. 

I heard their screams before silence.  I stared tears filling my eyes. I felt paralyzed. My father came in and picked me up. He ran out with me just in time. The rest of the building came crashing down. Bianca's voice filled my head once again as I saw her lifeless body being picked up. Her limp body hung, in the paramedics hands.

"It's all your fault" She confirmed again. " If you have't run in there like a stupid brat, you wouldn't of gotten us killed" .  Those words stung yet... they made sense. Her death, was all my fault.  Not only hers, but my mother's too.   For so long, I had wished to be crushed by the fallen ceiling in her place. 

"It's all your FAULT" She screamed. I could only nod. " You don't deserve to live" She continued. She was probably right. I started crying. Sobbing more like it. I felt like I couldn't breath and wanted to scream, but  no words came out. 

My eyes opened, but the images hovered.  I sat up slowly pulling my knees closer to my stomach. 

"Breathe, breathe. This has happened before" I attempted to calm myself. I tried to forget, but I couldn't think of anything else. A first tear fell, and then many others. I hugged me knees closer with my arms tightly wrapped around them.

Percy and Jason were still asleep, so I tried to cry as soundless as possible, but every now and then, I would let out an uncontrollable gasp for air.  I saw Jason stir, and I held a pillow over my face, to muffle the noises.  I heard something, and looked up to see Jason slowly walking towards me.

"Nico?" He whispered groggily. He was still tired but shook it off to walk over to me. I stared at him, sitting up. I brought the pillow in front of me hiding behind it. 

"G-go back *sniff  to sleep..." I tried to convince him. More silent tears appeared, yet I couldn't make them stop.

"Are you... crying?" He sat on the edge of my bed, fully awake now.

"N-no..." I moved the pillow down, just to my eyes.

"Im worried about you" Jason stated.

"You don't need to be... just go away," I murmured. I felt so pathetic crying in front of him, yet he didn't leave. 

"Can you tell me what your thinking about?" 

"No...Lasciami stare.." I protested.  He got up quickly getting cold water bottle, and handed it to me. 

"I don't know what you just said, but i'm here to help." He offered. 

"Please just stop. " I told him. He slightly back off, and set down the water, still sitting on the edge of my bed.  We sat there in silence. 

My mind began thinking things. Things I was't ready to talk about. I didn't want to think about how Bianca was dead, much less talk about it. I didn't want to think about how It was basically my fault anyways, and i especially didn't want to think about how people would look at me differently if they found out. Mainly Jason and Percy who seemed to be really nice people. Percy..I almost forgot about the argument we had. He probably doesn't like me anymore. Maybe, it would be best if i just stay away from them. 

I swung my feet over the side and stood up. I got some clothes out of my side dresser and went to the bathroom silently. After putting on my new clothes and putting back the old ones in the drawer, i grabbed my bag and headed to the door. I saw Percy sit up.

"Wait!" Jason urged.

I opened the door, without looking back, shut it and ran off, my shoes slightly squeaking on the wet grass.  

(An: I'm gonna end this chapter off right here. Gawd, if you don't hate me for the last chapter, you'll hate me for this one.. hehe.. i'm sorry. Hope ya like it though. On other fan fiction with Nico, theres always different versions of how Bianca died, so i just had to do one.)