We finish eating around 30 minutes into the movie. I set the empty box on the coffee table and lean against the arm of the couch while slinging my legs back on top of Danny's.

I can't remember when it was exactly, but I fell asleep soon after.
-------------------

Tuesday

I believe it was the birds chirping the next morning, or maybe it was the smell of bacon sizzling in the kitchen. All I know is that I was awake.

I make my way into the kitchen, my hunger growing as the smell overcame my senses.

I walk through the doorway to see Danny at the stove. There was a package of raw bacon on the counter closest to me, along with what looked like some pancake mix.

I lean against the door frame and watch him for a moment. Wondering how on earth I could be so lucky as to have a friend like him.

He noticed me after he turned to grab the plate he had sat aside for the cooked bacon. I smiled in his direction as he almost dropped the plate.

"My God! Why can't you just knock? I was just minding my own business, and someone is creeping on me in the corner..." He mumbles a few more words under his breath before he gestures me to the plate. "Would you like some?" I chuckled and grabbed a few pieces before hoisting myself up onto the counter on the other side.

"Good morning to you too, Daniel." He smiles down at the skillet and then turns back to me.

"Blueberries on your pancakes?" I smiled and nodded.

"That's the best way." He chuckles and pulls them from the refrigerator.

We finish breakfast and migrate to the living room. We had coffee and watched the TV for almost 3 hours. I had gotten up to clean the coffee pot just as my phone began to ring. I walk back into the living room to grab my phone before it stopped ringing.

"Hello?"

"Emily. We have a case. Be here in an hour."

"Good day to you too, Steven." He hung up before I could say anything else. "That's why you and Steven get along! You both like to bitch in the morning."

He chuckles from the kitchen, but before he could respond, his phone rang next to me. I grabbed it and walked it to Danny in the kitchen.

"Steven. How are you this morning?" Danny smiles as he pulls the phone away from his ear slightly. He hangs up around two minutes later before turning to me. "Maybe he didn't get any last night after all?" I chuckle before grimacing slightly.

"I'm taking a shower in yours!" I yell as I run to his room. His chuckles could be heard from behind me.

I had gotten out of the shower in record time, walking out in a towel, which didn't seem to bother Danny at all.

"Shower is free!" I yell only to realize he was in his room. I smile before walking into the living room, grabbing my duffle, and going into Grace's room to change.

It was around 4:30 in the afternoon already, so I hope Danny finishes soon. We will have to leave within the next 10 minutes.