Preface

He swiftly walks up to the visiting chair, not even glancing over at the reluctantly working officer that's walking besides him. Snarling slightly in disgust, he disregards the rickety chair waiting to fall apart one day. Instead, he stares though the plastic-looking window to see two prison guards drag in the inmate he'd requested to see mere moments before.

The inmate growls in anger as he attempts to kick the guard on his left. He fails and gets slammed into the closest wall as a result. Blood now faintly drizzling down the side of his lip, the man smirks evilly as he's brought up to the window. "Huh," he says, his expression rather amused. "Never thought that I'd see you here. Did they make you come here?"

He rolls his eyes and sighs. "No," he sharply replies. Dusting off invisible dust off of his ironed suit, he shakes his head at the emphasis of them. "I came here because I have the right to." He can't help but add, "Too bad that was taken away from you when you were finally caught. You always were hardheaded."

The inmate growls, barring his lightly yellowed teeth. He glances over at the two guards standing a few feet away from him, obviously not paying attention. Then turning back him, the man says, "What a stupid reason. Tell me why you really came here."

He sighs, pushing his glasses back up. He knows that he needs to give him an answer in order to receive some answers back. Finally, his mind comes up with a plausible response. "I was just remembering things," he replies, purposely exaggerating the word to make him truly understand.

The man's eyes widen. "Wait- seriously?" He mutters under his breath before asking, "It didn't work completely?"

"No, it should've. But they did something only a few months or weeks in to trigger the erased. Well, now it's been a couple of years," he correct himself.

The inmate curses madly. "It was supposed to last forever," he says, earning a nod and an eye roll from him. "What triggered it?"

"He smirks at this. "David Grahams' true appearance. Ring any bells?"

"His face pales considerably. "How?"

"They both entered my mind somehow. They were figuring out what David really looked like. So when they both came up with the same thing, it must've connected to everything in my mind concerning him. And you," he adds.

More cursing on the inmate's behalf. "Do they know about me escaping before they came to that hideout?"

Good. Yes or no questions, he could do easily. "No."

"And how I've been caught?"

"No. They just think that I've come to meet up with my 'friend' again," He explains.

"The 'male' one?"

He only nods.

"Do they know about her?"

"How I killed her? No, but they will sooner or later."

The inmate frowns at this. "Wait- does that mean that not only was the info that I gave her given to him, you also gave him everything else he needs to know?" When he nods, the man's eyes widen. "Alright... Do they know your real identity?"

He sighs. "Unfortunately, they know that I'm Fitton Galster. But they can't connect the two. I've made sure of that," Fitton adds for further clarification.

The man shakes his head. "That's surely going to delay us for what- three more weeks?"

"Better than them finding out now."

"True, true." His eyes widen suddenly when the guard that he had tried to kick grabs his arm to drag him back to his cell. Louder, he calls out, "Don't tell them about this!"

In a monotone voice, he says, "I won't." In the same robotic voice, he adds in a quieter voice, "I could never tell on you, Jacob." Turning around on his polished leather heel, he chuckles darkly at his own sarcasm.