Bad Reputations - Jay plays Matchmaker

circumstantial scene, as always. but enjoy. because i have another scene that plays off of this and its cute. i told my friend that if alek ends up with jay her book persona gets Luc. so here we are. enjoy!

I coughed to get her attention. The girl with the pretty brown hair and prettier smile was sitting at the bay window with a book in her lap. I coughed again, this time gaining her attention. Her eyes darted to me and a small smile played at her lips.

"Hey Jay, long time. How are you?"

"I've been great," I replied as I sat next to her. A silence descended between us before I fiddled with my hair and started up again.

"Hey, Rina. So. Thank you, by the way. For helping Alek, for helping me understand, for being there after my dad and being a friend even though I don't know you well. I really, you know, appreciate that. Sorry I've avoided you too, I just needed to get myself together and figure out the stuff with Alek." Her hand closed over mine and she offered me a genuine smile.

"You're very welcome, Jay. We all deserve to be happy and im always happy to help others. And I do consider us friends, and I always help out friends." Footsteps sounded and I felt my grin widen on my face.

"Well, as a thank you, I kind of have something for you..." her eyebrow quirked in question and I surruptiously eyed the guy who had just appeared. Luc smiled when he saw me and Rina followed my eyes to him. I heard the strangled gasp she let out, and no way I blamed her. He was a looker, the very definition of tall, dark and handsome. Perfect for her, really since he was nice and chivalrous and all kinds of good things. Compassionate, a great heart. Just like her, and just what she deserves.

"Ahem, Luc this is Rina. Rina, this is Luc. I think you two might get along just fine." I grinned at them encouragingly then leaned forward to hug Rina. "Enjoy," I murmured into her ear before hopping up. I gave Luc a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek then pushed him towards her.

"You two behave," I called to them with a wink before rushing away.