In Ink Spin Off Excerpts-- In Pictures

So -- This is IF Ana from Ink ends up with Nate. In Pictures would be Chris' story, and I am working off of that. HOWEVER, things change. I might change the ENTIRE book if Ana ends up with Chris in Ink, so PLEASE, don't think this is at all set in stone. (: That being said here are two little pieces I've written concerning Chris. 

The old woman looked him over, her hazel eyes taking in every detail. He shifted from foot to foot nervously, he wasn't usually greeted this way.

He had gotten the call a few days ago, the site was for selling antiques and he had been excited to start the project with so many cool ideas taking over his brain. The woman had sounded nice, but it never occured to him she might be slightly...off.

He offered her a grin and held out his hand.

"Cordelia Addison, I'm assuming. It is so very nice to meet you." She took Chris' hand in her wrinkled hands and shook it firmly.

"You should never assume, assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Of course, in this case, your assumption is correct. Come in, young man." She stepped to the side and offered him access into the little blue house. The air was warm with the scent of baked cookies, and his mouth watered just a little bit.

She sent him a sly grin and waved Chris into the kitchen.

"I made them for you and I'll be offended if you don't eat them." He sent her a goofy smile and picked a warm cookie up before trying, and not succeeding, to not stuff the cookie in his mouth. Crumbles fell as he sent her a happy thumbs up and she gave him another once over.

"You'll do. You'll do just fine." She said with a curt nod.

===================================================================

"He's cute." Cordy put in, her eyebrows moving up and down to get the point across. He looked around the room but when he found no other guy there he glanced down at himself.

"Sure sure, grandma--" Cordy sputtered in indignation.

"Girl, what did I tell you about that word!" The girl on the other line snickered before starting again.

"Sorry, Avia. As I was saying though, just because this guy is supposedly cute doesn't mean I can drop everything over here to come meet him. Maybe another time, Avia. I'm simply too busy."

Cordy huffed out through her lips impatiently.

"You're always to busy, Andy. I'm going to make him send you a picture of him THEN maybe you'll stop by." Andy snorted and the sound echoed in the room filled with an uncomfortable silence on his end.

"Do so, Avia. I'm sure he would love to sell himself out to me."

A curt laugh escaped his mouth and Cordy just looked at him irritably.

"Boy, do you want a girlfriend or not? You're running out of time. Hell, Andy is running out of time!"

An enraged gasp filled the speaker of the phone.

"Avia!" Cordy simply ignored her while his mouth dropped open. He cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Um, Cordelia." He began but was cut off.

"Cordy."

"Cordy," he conceeded, "while I appreciate the offer, I don't know that I'm in the market. Or that I even want to be. I just want to focus on work right now"

She snorted in amusement.

"Well, if you say so?"