Chapter 24

The Bleeding Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24

“So, what is your relation to the princess and the queen, exactly?”

“Well, I’m the princess’ fourth cousin.”

“And why did you suddenly come to Orion now, of all times?”

“The queen invited me to stay in the palace and since I didn’t come to Orion often, I thought that it was too great of an opportunity to pass.”

“And what is your career back in Aria?”

“I tend the family shop.”

“What does your shop sell?”

“Herbs.”

“Do you sell herbs only to Aria then?”

“Well, my mother used to sell herbs in Orion when I was still a child but when my parents died,  I decided to just stick to the customers in Aria.”

“So, do you know the herb blackthorn?”

“Yes, it’s a poisonous wild herb that grows only in Aria.”

“I assume you know a lot about this blackthorn then?”

“As much as a seller of herbs requires knowing.”

Evangeline Seychelles would be too stupid if she were the one to poison the queen seeing as she’d be the first suspect.  So the conclusion – she didn’t poison the queen.  Probably.  It’s likely that she’s the spy though, given that she’s from Aria but so far, she gave away no hints or suspicions of being one.  But then, considering that Adrian, Eugenie and Gwyneth were suspecting that the spy and the person who poisoned the queen were one and the same, Evangeline Seychelles still wasn’t cleared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“You have been the queen’s maid of honor for the past eighteen years after Christie Jameson died, correct?”

“Yes.”

“So, it would be alright to assume that you and Queen Riza are rather close?”

“She is like my sister.”

“All throughout your friendship, were you, at any point in those eighteen years, conflicted with each other in any way?”

“None that I can think of.”

“The poison was found in the honey rose tea that you served the queen earlier that day she was poisoned.”

“Seeing as that’s the situation, I would probably be a suspect since well, I was the one who served her the poisoned tea.”

“And what would you say if I accused you of being the culprit?”

“…”

“Well?”

“My conscience is clear; I’m not guilty of anything – I have nothing to be afraid of.”

Again, Trisha Klaus would be too idiotic if she were the culprit.  It would take only a matter of time before medics traced the poison back to the honey rose tea and Trisha Klaus would be the main suspect.  She’s not likely to be the spy either since she’s lived in the castle for half of her life and any messages she sent or trips she took were all within Orion’s perimeter.  But then, who knows?