Part 5

I took them and went to the bathroom, with one last glance at my loving boyfriend. I sat down, taking the test. Please, be negative, please god. I prayed, standing up. Slowly I looked at the test. It was positive. No, this isn’t right. I took the other two tests, both positive. No! What will I do with a baby? I’m sixteen and Jacob’s seventeen. Jacob. He wouldn’t leave me, would he? That’s not like him, but you never know. A thousand emotions ran through me at one time. Joy, Sadness, Anger,       Happiness, Fear, and many more. How? Out of all the people on earth, I had to be one of the teen pregnancy people. “Babe, you okay? It’s been like five minutes. If you don’t answer I’ll break down this door.” Came Jacob’s voice. There was a hint of fear in his voice though. That’s what scared me the most. “Jacob, what would you do if I told I wasn’t pregnant?” I had to know. “I would shout for joy, I guess. What does this have to do with anything?” So, if I was pregnant he would scream? Maybe. Maybe not. “Okay, what would I do if I told you I was pregnant?” I was holding back the tears as I said this. “Rilee, I would be pretty upset. Really. But I would be proud of becoming a father. To a beautiful baby I’m sure. Please just tell me.” Jacob banged on the door. I opened the door saying, “Hi, future daddy.” I started to sob, hugging Jacob. “Please don’t kick me out. I love you! Please, please, please…” Surely he wouldn’t hate me. Jacob returned the hug, and kissed me lightly on the forehead. “It’s ok, it’s going to be ok. I mean, I wouldn’t leave you, never. It’s my fault. So I’m sorry. Please forgive me? I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say, but I love you too.” Jacob actually cried. He never cries. We cried together, for what seemed like hours. “Jacob, babe, should we tell your mom and dad?” We should, shouldn’t we?  I knew Jacob didn’t want to, but said “Ok, baby .We should tell them. Let’s go.” Jacob led the way to his parent’s room. “Mom? Dad? We have something to tell you…” “Yes, dear?” Mrs. Jones asked, walking out of her bath-room. “Don’t blame Rilee, but I might have …. Like…gotten Rilee, don’t be yelling at us, but   pregnant." Jacob backed up a little bit, pulling me behind him. Oh god. What were his parents going to say? What if they kick us out? Where would Jacob, I, and the baby live? All of these questions flooded into my mind. But all of these questions were about to be answered. Mrs. Jones stood there, too shocked to say anything for a moment. Mr. Jones stood up, and walked over to his wife. He was probably shocked too. Jacob and I stood there for a few seconds, waiting. What were they going to say? The usual quiet Mr. Jones spoke up first, “Why? You could have had a good future, why’d you ruin it? God, Jacob! You’re seven teen for crying out loud. You might as well leave! I can’t have you having sex in this household! Not with your brothers and sister here, I thought you would know that! Now you won’t have a good job, house, I don’t want you turning out like me! I was fifth teen when your mother had you!”  I was shocked, because Mr. Jones hardly ever talked. So he wanted us to leave, but I don’t think he would do something like that. Mrs. Jones spoke next, “Jacob! I don’t like the idea of Rilee being pregnant, but I do think you should stay. You’ll need help with the baby. And plus Rilee’s a bright girl, she doesn’t deserve this. Oh, and I thought you said you hadn’t had sex yet? Care to explain?” I knew she was going to ask that question, that awkward question. “Mom… I didn’t lie to you. We’ve had sex one time. It’s been about four weeks, I’ll guess. Great, so we can stay. We’ll move out when I turn eighteen, which is in like two weeks. What about Rilee’s parents though? They hate us already.” Jacob said, I could tell he was trying to stall. We should tell my mom and dad. But Jacob’s got a good point. They do already hate us, why give them a reason to hate us more? “Jacob, I’ll invite Mr. and Mrs. Russell over and tell them. Is that ok honey?” Mrs. Jones asked Mr. Jones. Mr. Jones shifted uncomfortably saying ‘Sure.’ Well, Mr. Jones hates me. That’s great. Mrs. Jones seemed to take this well though. That was good, I thought she would freak out. Jacob and I started to walk out the door, when Jacob asked his father “Are you mad?” They just glared at each other for a while. Till Mr. Jones shook his head ‘no’. Mrs. Jones went ahead and called mom and dad over, saying that they just wanted to chat. Yeah, some chat. It would take them about twenty or so minutes, mom has to get ready, of course. In the mean- time we all sat in the living room, waiting. In till Mrs. Jones said “Jacob, honey. And Rilee, when your parents get here and we tell them, they’re going to ask a lot of questions. Just answer them, don’t yell. And plus, I’ve got some questions for both of you too. Oh look-here they come.” Mrs. Jones pointed out the window. Jacob and I looked at each other. We were both worried. I haven’t seen mom and dad in like five or something weeks. Awkward. What do you say? ‘Hey, what’s up?’ Or ‘How’s your day?’ I don’t know. I guess I’ll just try to keep quiet. I mean, I might scream. Knowing me I will. What would Jacob do? I mean, daddy might like hit him or something. “Oh, god. I’m scared.” I said under my breath. Jacob heard, and placed his hand on mine. “It’ll be ok, baby. Don’t be scared. If we have to, we I can drive us away from this hell of a life. If you want, you and I could move, somewhere far away.” Jacob was so sweet. He would move, move away from his friends and family, to be with me. “I think it’ll be ok.” I whispered, afraid to talk to loud. Then my mom and dad came in. Mom sat on the couch, so did dad. Mrs. Jones still stood up, ready to break the news. “Now, there’s something really important you two need to know. And you will not hit in this house. Your daughter, Rilee, is pregnant. Jacob’s the father, though. He has a job, so does Rilee. Jacob’s also is going to be eight teen soon. I know you’re upset, I was too at first. But then I realized I was going to be a grandmother. That’s amazing, I think. And I had Jacob when I was fourteen. Sorry, enough about me. You may talk now.”  Wow. That was a mouthful to take in. Mom and dad were sitting there, looking from me to Jacob. Jacob and I. Again and again, in shock. I don’t even think they heard what Mrs. Jones had to say. Say something, someone. Mom started to cry and talk. It was hard to make out what she was saying. I think I heard the words ‘Why’, ‘I’ll kill you’, and ‘Come home’. Odd things to say, I know. Dad walked over to Mr. Jones, and talked to him. Too quietly for me to here. Dammit, I was in trouble. “Mom, clam down. Then you can talk. I can’t understand you. Look, I’m sorry. But it’s not like I planned to be pregnant. It just happen. And I’m going to love this baby. With all my heart. I think though you should ask your questions and leave. You and dad aren’t going to be in the baby’s life. Mr. and Mrs. Jones are though, they aren’t mean to me. And why do you hate Jacob again? I think he’s sweet, cute, caring, loving, he’s perfect, actually.” I said, just loud enough for everyone to hear me. Mom looked up, wide eyed. After a few moments, she said “What do you mean? I don’t like Jacob because of this! I knew you two were going to, if not already, have sex. I don’t think he’s a good influence for you. He seems like a player, also. Why would a guy like him see in a girl like you?” What would a guy like Jacob see in a girl like me? I’ll have to ask him later. I’ll make sure to get an answer.    

Thanks so much for reading!