08

Kanzaki's POV
After Sasuke showed his fire ball jutsu to Itachi who was impressed by the size by the way he cheered.

He was so happy as he hugged me then he hugged Itachi as someone clears their throat from behind us.

We all turn to see Fugaku and honestly I didn't want to see him after all the things he's said to me.

"We were just about to head home dad." Itachi says with his head down.

"I came here to speak with Kanzaki, alone." He says and I sigh.

I follow Fugaku over to a place at the end of the docks where the other two boys can't hear us.

"Look if you are gonna lecture me about staying away from Itachi more...I just can't. He's my best friend and I care about him. He means everything to me." I say and Fugaku smiles.

"I came here to apologize. What I've been saying has been out of line. I don't know you or your family personally so I don't have the right to judge you. Itachi talks about you a lot and everything is good. My own wife talks about how good you are. How fast you are learning medical ninjutsu. I'm happy you care about Itachi because not many do. Same with Sasuke. You treat them both as if they are the last things in the world you care about." He says and I smile.

"Because they are. Itachi is my best friend like I said before. Sasuke is just a kid who's grown to be someone I love. He's so sweet and strong. You should see him. He's been practicing all day and finally he mastered the fireball jutsu."

"Amazing. You push both of my boys to be stronger. You are welcome to my house any time Kanzaki. Come join us for dinner tonight." He says and I shake my head.

"I would love too but I made plans with Kakashi. But maybe another time." I say with a slight smile.

"Okay."

He walks off after that and I walk back over to Sasuke and Itachi who both look at me.

"What did he want?" Itachi asks first.

"He apologized for his behavior." I say softly.

It seems odd because usually Uchiha don't apologize when they think they are right.

"Weird. Not like our father." Itachi says as we start leaving the docks.

"Wanna piggyback ride Sasu?" I ask and he smiles.

I take that as a yes as I crouch down and he climbs on my back as we walk towards the Uchiha compound.

"Hey Sasu. Make sure to show your dad your fireball jutsu tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay!" He says cheerfully.

-At the compound-

We walk up towards their house when I put Sasuke down and he runs to his front door where Mikoto stands.

"Hey mother I'm going to walk Kanzaki home." Itachi says and she nods her head.

"You don't have too." I mutter as we begin walking.

"I know but I want too. Also I need too because I am going to come to your house around midnight. Shisui will be with me. We need to tell you something." He whispers.

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Cause there are too many people."

The rest of the walk was silence at least until we reached Kakashi's as I turn on my heels.

"Thanks for walking me here." I say with a smile.

"Anytime." He says.

We hug for what seems like forever until we both pull away and I walk inside.