She might not need me, but I'll stay with her.

*/*\*/*\*

There. There she was.

Standing in solitude with her large axe in hand, with blood over her jacket, her hood was down revealing her white hair, stained red. She huffed at the sight, the corpses lay frozen around her feet. It's quite an ambush, there were at least fifty people here. She had only just taken down half of them, the other half stood around her.

Good, that means I'm not late.

Ara turned, raising an eyebrow at me I let out a soft growl, bowing at her. -Not leaving you, Ara.-

A smile made its way into her face. As I stood by her side, she patted my head, quietly telling me what I have to do. I smirked inwardly, transforming myself into a giant tiger.

"No one's getting away. Alive."

And then, we charged.

So calmly, Ara swung her axe Kirā without holding back, as if the enemies were nothing but puppets. Even if just a bit, it hurts. Watching her like this, without doubt killing others. She was so innocent back then, but now?

People already calls her inhuman. And now, she's just a shinobi. People would probably guess her age as 16, or even 18, seeing her height, and what she's capable of. Unless she took off her Anbu mask, or ask the question, they wouldn't have thought that she's just 12.

But what can I do?

I exist to ensure her safety, that one sole purpose alone. Her (real) clan's members have always been in danger due to their powers, moreover Ara, since she was the last of them.

I can't do much against her will.

"You're spacing out. Are you alright?"

-Don't worry. As our job is done here, how about going back to the wedding?-

"... I don't exactly want to..."

Really, this isn't good for her health. Emotionally and mentally.

"Then?" I asked back, tilting my head slightly and gave her a stern look. She shifted her gaze away, spinning her axe and hummed in wonder.

"... The treehouse? We can call Sekki, too."

"Kami, what kind of sister in law are you? Skipping the wedding ceremony?"

"Not skipping. Just leaving early," she replied with a shrug, "Can we just... Well, I don't care where we're going, I just don't want to go back there."

I gave her a questioning look, and she let out another sigh. "Ramen?"

In the end, we both decided on that. The Ichiraku Ramen. That old owner and his daughter, as always, welcomed us warmly.

"It has been a while, Ara! How are you?"

"Good enough?"

He chuckled, "The usual?"

She gave him a nod, and he shouted the order to Ayame, before his attention returned to Ara. "What's with the fancy dress, kiddo? And... are those blood?"

I couldn't hide my surprise, and Ara only gave Teuchi an awkward smile. "...I think it is?"

"Go inside and wash up a bit. I'm sure Ayame has some spare clothes that fits you."

Now that, people, is what humanity should have been like. Non-judgemental, and obviously not discriminating.

That ramen guy turned turned to look at me, still with his smile. "Your owner there needs to learn to live normally. She may be one tough little girl, but she's just human. Even the best shinobi has their limit."