Dinah

I pulled up to the cafe then parked my car as I killed the engine then pulled my keys out as I heard my phone go off.

I pulled my phone out my pocket then smiled as I saw it was my best friend causing me to answer on the third ring,

"Hey boo" I say to her soon as I answered the phone.

"Hey boo how did the meeting go what was it about?" She asked me all in one sentence causing me to laugh.

"Girl, it was good it was nothing bad actually you won't ever believe whom I'm going to work with?" I asked her as I could tell she sat up.

"Who girl?" She asked me causing me to smile.

"I'm going to be working with August" I say to her as I heard her scream on the other end causing me to laugh.

"Oh my gosh my favorite singer of all time that man's voice is so soothing and he is very humble we need more artists like that" she says causing me to nod my head in agreement.

"Girl, yes we do cause some of these artists be feeling themselves too much on the real" I say to her causing her to laugh.

"Girl, that's amazing what all are the two of you going to be doing?" She asked me causing me to smile.

"Well, for starters we're going to be going on tour with each other within four to five months" I say causing her to scream yet once again as I laughed.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing the two of you are very humble people this will be a dope ass experience for you mami" she says to me causing me to smile.

"Yeah, I know but not only that the two of us are going to do something for the community as well it's an opportunity for us to go back home and bring awareness to things that are going on and maybe do a fundraiser and an signing and maybe even perform" I say to her as you could hear the awe in her voice.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing bestie I can't think of anyone else whom deserves this just as much as you this is your moment mami" she says to me causing me to smile.

"Yeah, I know you've been telling me this for the longest and its finally about to happen thanks bestie for believing in me" I say to her as you could hear the cheerfulness in her voice.

We continued to talk until moments later I saw a car park next to mines then seconds later I saw August getting out the car.

"Alright, mama I'm about to go I'll talk to you later alright" I say to her as she told me okay.

We hung up the phone then I got out the car then closed the door behind me as I put my phone back in my pocket as I was now face to face with August as he smiled at me causing me to smile back.

"You ready to head inside?" He asked me causing me to nod my head.

"Yeah, I am" I say to him as he grabbed my hand as I hit the alarm on my car causing him to do the same with his car.

We made our way inside then was taken back to a table by the hostess as she handed us our menus and told us our waitress would be with us soon causing us both to nod our heads.

We sat in silence at first as we both looked over our menus trying to figure out what exactly we were going to eat.

After a while of looking over the menu I figured out what I was going to eat as I sat my menu down then looked up at August to see he was still looking.

"You decided on what you're going to eat love?" He asked me causing me to nod my head.

"Yeah, I did how about you?" I asked him as he put his menu down.

"Yeah, I think so" he says to me causing me to nod my head.

"So, are you excited about heading back home and helping out around the community?" I asked him as he smiled then nodded his head.

"Yeah, actually I am it's always a beautiful thing to help out rather it's back at home or somewhere else that needs the help" he said to me causing me to nod my head.

"So, you give back to the community a lot?" I asked him causing him to smile.

"Yeah, I do I try my best to be there when I can too when I'm not busy" he said causing me to smile cause that was something that we shared that was common.

"How about you love?" He asked me with a smile.

"I help out as much as I can and I love to do it I just wish that I could do it more at times though" I say to him as he nodded his head.

We continued to talk briefly as moments later the waitress came over to the table then took our orders then disappeared off into the back as we continued to make small talk here and there until our drinks came over to the table.

"So, do you have an idea when you want to get started on this fundraiser?" I asked him as he took a sip of his drink.

"No, how about you?" He asked me causing me to nod my head as I took a sip of my drink as well.

"Well, in a way I kinda do but then again I don't know" I say with a shrug.

"Okay, lay it on me" he says causing me to nod my head.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe in a month or two we could do it before the tour that way we won't be tired and it'll be fresh by the time we go on our tour" I say to him as he nodded his head then played with his chin hairs something I notice that he does when he thinks.

"Well, that sounds pretty good to me actually plus with me being fresh off the tour I need the rest" he says to me causing me to nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, I know what you mean I've had a back to back tour and I'm exhausted I haven't really had the time to fully rest like that" I say to him causing him to smile.

"Yeah, I know what you mean I was like that when I first started touring now I get plenty of rest and I make sure I eat and everything as well" he says causing me to nod my head.

"That's a good thing so have you had anytime to rest since you've been back?" I asked him as moments later our food came over to the table.

"Yeah, I have I feel as though I've been getting too much rest though" he says causing me laugh a little as we joined hands then said grace then got started eating briefly talking here and there.

After a while we finally finished up eating as we continued to talk I really enjoyed his presence and realized we had so much in common and we even talked about collaborating on a song together as well and I was truly looking forward to that.

Once we were done eating he paid for the tab then we walked me out to my car and we talked some more.

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you hoping this won't be the last time we hang out" he says to me causing me to smile.

"No, actually it won't" I say to him as he nodded his head.

"Well, I'll contact my management and let them know what we came up with so they can rely the message to your management and we can go from there" he said to me causing me to nod my head.

"Alright, cool by the way can I see your phone?" I say to him causing him to nod his head as he pulled his phone out then unlocked it then handed it to me.

I opened up his contacts then stored my number in his phone then handed it back to him as he smiled at me then said,

"Alright, love I'll keep in touch" he says to me causing me to smile.

"Alright, have a good day August" I say to him as I hit the alarm on my car as he opened the door for me causing me to smile.

I got inside as he closed the door then walked over towards his car as I crunk my car up then found something to listen to sat for a few minutes then backed out then sped off down the street towards my home as I had hella shit running through my head.