Ch. 2

***
A Little Reminiscing

***

*Frisk's POV*

I heard the door close and slow-paced footsteps moving towards me. It reminded me of a familiar lethargic nature. A face from our last personal interaction shaped in my imagination. Nostalgic feelings bursted my obsessive dark bubble. There are comforting hands that landed gently on the back of mine that I could barely recognize resulting from my variable lack of senses.

To our friends, there are more impressive traits he has that are worth noticing. But I see every little one, and I appreciate the details of whatever makes Sans to who he is.

The beautiful magical journey we had together. Passed faster than skimming pages of a book. When time moves itself closer to the future, the present becomes the past in a blink of an eye then only legacies which stood unsettlingly through the challenges of life will remain forever a part of its history.

That I just wish I have the ability to slow it down or make it stop, just for once. I need that one moment where everything will pause right before my eyes. I'll take the chance to breathe in the life that I never got to live, and to feel my heart still beating inside my chest reminding me that amidst of everything, I am still alive in this world.

Sadly, I have only the ability to reset it back to the beginning. But I wouldn't do that anymore, because I made a promise to my friends. I made a promise to him.

Sans seemed very happy with his present life as a scientist. I've heard he works with Alphys and had recently earned recognition from a national science convention. I've also heard he's going to travel to another country for an emergency medical research.

His life is perfect and I wouldn't want to take everything away from him. I don't want to see him be the man of loneliness like he used to be.

If anything, I want him to be happy.

"Oh," I heard someone gasp. "You must be—"

I almost forgot David is here and this is the first time they'll ever meet. We've never gotten a chance to speak with Sans since we're both busy starting our new lives.

But then again, he could've been there at our wedding. He just didn't show up. He came around half hour late in the reception party. I used to be upset since I couldn't understand how my best friend ditched that special day in my life, when I really needed him to be there.

"David. David Perez," my husband introduced with enthusiasm. "And who might you be my dear friend?"

"I'm Sans. Pleased to meet ya."

I could've sworn I felt them shake each other's hands. The normal gesture of courtesy when meeting new acquaintances. Knowing David, it's already a habit he grew accustomed to.

"Hon, I feel like handshaking is a part of my automatic biology now. Freaky." He asked me once while I was carving up the dinner. I laughed at him and said I've seen freakier things that a creature normally do than a handshake.

I can't wait until I'm out of this place so we can the spend nights together again. I'll be walking under the sun instead of feeling like a useless decoration here on this hospital bed.

"She told me a lot of things about you," David remarked. There's an underlying tension rising up in the room, or maybe it's just the lack of fresh air that's making me imagine things that isn't there.

On our casual dates, David and I will cross the topic about the Underground. I tried to describe to him the magical extraordinary places I have been. However, I eventually ran out of adjectives in my head. He still listens to me with keen interest and childlike wonder even if I lack the vocabulary to keep on painting my vivid memories for him.