Let's Settle This (Writing Challenge 4.2)

4. "People like you make me believe in Darwinism." "Oh, that species are constantly evolving to become better adapted? I take that as a compliment. Thank you!" "No, survival of the fittest. The most dumb and weak should die off, making the race better because of it." 

 JugheadxReader 1

*i dont even know what this is its late im tired and wanna do other things bc im an awful person and i gotta stock up on these bc i wont have time to write in the next few days*

~~~~~~~~~~~

"People like you make me believe in Darwinism."  I sighed, rubbing my temple. 

"Oh, that species are constantly evolving to become better adapted? I take that as a compliment. Thank you!" 

"No, survival of the fittest. The most dumb and weak should die off, making the race better because of it."   

I smiled at Jughead, and he bumped his shoulder into mine. 

We had this sort of playful, friendly insulting banter all the time. It was just how we worked.

"Did you just call me weak?" Jughead asked, turning to face me.

"Damn right I did," I cockily answered.

"Well, let's just see about that, babe."

Jughead propped his elbow up on the table in front of us and raised his eyebrow, daring me to grab his hand.

I smirked and rolled my sleeve up, leaning over the table and lacing my fingers with his.

"Ready?" He asked me, thinking he would win.

"Let's go!" I cheered, steadying myself.

"Ready, set, go!"

Immediately Jughead began pushing on my arm with his hand, trying to force my arm flat on the table. I was pushing back, trying to get him to do the same.

I was secretly impressed, I didn't think Jughead was that strong. I honestly thought I would have won already.

Finally, after about a minute or two, I got the upper hand (haha pun?) and forced Jughead's arm down. I won.

"I guess I was right, Jug, you are weaker than me." I smiled at him.

Jughead looked at me with a shocked face, "When the hell did you get so strong?"

I shrugged. I didn't even think I was that strong, I just knew I was stronger than him.

Jughead lifted his arm up and re-positioned himself just as he was before.

"Best two out of three?"

"No."