Lost- Jughead Jones

For Blueberriesofwisdom

"J," he looked at me, "Let's go look for clues."

"We're not Mystery Inc, Sharna," Jughead rolled his eyes at me, but I saw a smirk on his face too.

I had moved to Riverdale from England a few months ago, and the first thing someone said to me upon arrival was about Jason Blossom. Apparently he was the only son of the wealthiest family in town, and his dead body had just been discovered in the river. 

I had immediately become engrossed in Jason's murder mystery. Through my own research, I had bumped into a group of people doing the same thing. There was a redheaded boy, a blonde girl, a guy with short brown hair, a brunette girl, and my favorite beanie-wearing weirdo. They accepted me into their Scooby Gang instantly. I learned their names were Archie, Betty, Kevin, Veronica, and Jughead.  

We traded leads and information about Jason's death, which turned out to be a murder and not an accident, as everyone had originally thought.   

I really wanted Jughead to come with me to investigate the woods near Sweetwater River, but he was being especially stubborn about it. I had been asking him to go with me for a really long time. And every time, he would come up with an excuse not to go. But he wasn't ditching me this time. No sir. I had a plan.

I sighed, "Please J?"

"No, Sharna, I'm not going with you, I'm sorry."

I made him look at me. When he did, I gave him my best puppy eyes and stuck out my lower lip in a pout.

Jughead wrapped his hands around the back of his neck then dragged them to the front, groaning.

"If I say yes, will you stop asking?"

I nodded, "I promise I'll shut up if you go."

"Then let's go," he stood up.

I jumped up excitedly, following him out to the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The woods were insanely creepy at night. It was like they were a completely different area than during the day. They looked more menacing, haunted almost. 

I glanced to my right at Jughead, silently asking him if he was ready to go in. He caught my eye and nodded. 

"Let's start over here," I pointed to a section of the woods that looked darker than the rest.

"Umm, don't you think we should start in a safer section? Like there?" Jughead pointed to the complete opposite side of the woods. 

I rolled my eyes playfully, "J, there's not gonna be anything over there! It doesn't look like this area has been touched, so we might have a better chance at finding clues there."

I didn't give him a chance to respond as I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the part of the woods I wanted to go to.

"I still think this isn't a good idea, Sharna," Jug whispered after a few minutes of silent walking.

"Fine, then you can stay here. I'm going to keep looking."

And with that I charged forwards, leaving Jughead behind.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I looked at my phone, clicking the button so the screen would light up and I could see the time.

"Shit," I cursed, seeing my phone was dead.

I had been wandering the woods, in the dark, for probably hours. I had long since given up on finding anything related to Jason or his killer, I just wanted to find Jughead and go home. I didn't know what direction I was even going in, I had lost my sense of direction awhile ago.

I just kept going in one direction (AN: pun intended) and hoped it was the right one. I used my hands to feel the trees, using them as my eyes since I couldn't even make out my hand if I put in front of my face. 

I wanted to call out for Jug, but I also didn't, in case someone else was within earshot and murdered me. Instead I just prayed I was going the right way and kept moving.

Soon, I bumped into something hard. Instinctively, I screamed and tried to run away, but something held me in place.

"Woah, woah, woah. Sharna?"

I stopped thrashing and trying to escape when I heard Jughead's voice.

"J, is that you? I can't see anything," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, it's me. I've been looking for you for hours! Where have you been?"

"I don't even know how far in the woods I was. But my phone died so I couldn't call you or anything."

"At least you're here now, and we're together. We can find our way out."

Jughead pulled me into a hug.

Ya know what, fuck it. Jesus wants this to happen, and if he doesn't, I'll go to confession. Yolo.

I broke away from Jughead slightly and crashed my lips onto his.

After a few seconds, we broke apart for air.

"Sorry," I whispered, "I just really wanted to do that. I have been for a long time."

"Don't be," J said, as he pulled me in for another kiss.

While I was disappointed we didn't find anything related to Jason's murder, I wasn't disappointed with the excursion in the slightest.