Betrayal- Jughead Jones

Imagine for @Iamwierderthanilook I'm so sorry it's taken so long hopefully it's worth the wait

*I left it on a cliff hanger/open ended on purpose also this is my longest imagine over 1.1k words yeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't think it was obvious that I liked Jughead. I knew I wasn't walking around with flashing neon sign that said "I HEART JUGHEAD", but I wasn't outright ignoring him and being rude to him either.

Kevin and Veronica caught on first, and confronted me about it.

"So Juliet, how's Romeo?" Veronica asked as she slid next to me on the couch.

I had been sitting in student lounge, on the couch doing homework on my computer. At least, that's what I was supposed to be doing. I had my homework open on one tab, but I was playing a flash game on another.

I looked up confused, "You talking to me?"

"Yes, Robert de Niro, I am. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," Veronica smirked.

"I don't."

Kevin sat on the arm of the couch, next to Veronica.

"C'mon Y/N, we all know you like Jughead."

Without thinking, I shushed them.

"Shhhh! We're in public! He could hear you!"

They shared a look, and that's when I knew I messed up. Shit.

"Ahh! I knew it! Y/N you should totally tell him! You guys would be so cute together!" Veronica told me.

Kevin nodded, "Yeah, you guys are perfect for each other."

I opened my mouth to respond when Archie and Betty walked up.

"Who's perfect for who?" Archie asked, sitting next to Betty, who had sat on my other side.

I gave Kevin and Veronica a look that made it very clear- if they told anyone that I liked Jughead, I would kill them.

"Y/N and Jughead," Kevin said.

Rude.

"You like Jughead?" Archie questioned.

I gave up hiding and nodded.

"That's great!" Betty smiled.

The conversation was cut short as Jughead himself walked up to our group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jughead and I had been hanging out a lot more recently, really ever since I admitted to our friends that I liked him. They had all kept quiet about my crush on him though, so he was still (hopefully) clueless.

We were walking to third period, which we had together.

"So are you coming to Pop's tonight?" Jug asked me.

Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, and Kevin were going to the diner later and Betty had invited me to tag along the other day.

I shrugged, "I haven't decided yet."

"You should come, it won't be the same without you Y/N."

"Fine..." I dragged out the one-syllable word to make it seem like I was annoyed, but he knew I was joking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I was thinking about asking Jug out tonight," I told my friends, minus my crush.