Deaf- Archie Andrews

For ZazieBelle

*Kay so this is gonna be in Archie's POV, and uses American Sign Language. I wrote out the signs based on Google's explanations and then wrote what it means in italics*

Archie's POV

I was walking into school one day when I saw Weatherbee with someone I didn't recognize. It was a girl, and from what I could see of her face, she was beautiful. 

I didn't realize I was staring at her until Jughead tapped my shoulder.

"Arch, don't freak out the new girl. This place is weird enough, without her thinking you're a stalker."

"I'm not a stalker."

Jughead shrugged, "Whatever you say."

I made a face at him as he walked away, then made my way over to the girl, who was now standing alone. 

She looked lost, so I decided to be nice and help her out.

"Hi, you must be new. I'm Archie. And you are...?"

She completely ignored me, not even looking at me. Rude.

I tried again, "Hey!"

I waved my hand in front of her face, and she jumped slightly, finally looking at me.

"I'm Archie, what's your name?"

She just looked at me, head cocked slightly to the side. 

A thought occurred to me, "Wait, do you speak English?"

Nothing.

I was about to give up and walk away, feeling this girl wasn't worth my time and energy, no matter how beautiful I thought she was. I turned to leave when she grabbed my arm. I faced her once more, a slightly annoyed yet curious expression on my face.

She let go of my arm and put her finger on her cheek, by her ear. She moved it in a small arch that ended at the corner of her mouth. *Deaf.

"Sorry?"

She repeated her action, then mouthed the word, "Deaf."

"Oh, oh, oh! Crap, I didn't know. I'm sorry!" 

I kept speaking, even though she couldn't hear me. I'm an idiot.

She smiled, obviously reaching the same conclusion I had. Before I could embarrass myself further, Weatherbee came back and lead her to what I presumed was her first class. 

I took that as my cue to get to my class, which unfortunately she didn't have with me. 

After the last bell rang out, I sprinted to my house, thankful football practice was cancelled. As soon as I was in my room, I pulled out my computer and started researching ASL. I stayed up all night practicing the alphabet and different phrases and words so I could "talk" to this girl. 

The next day at school, I looked around for the new girl. I quickly found her with Veronica. 

I walked over to them as Veronica was writing something down on a sticky note. She handed the girl the note and smiled, noticing me.

"Oh hey Archiekins! Have you met Y/N?"

So that was her name.

"Yeah, we met yesterday." 

Veronica looked surprised, "You know sign language?"

I ignored her and smiled at Y/N. 

Veronica glanced between the two of us before awkwardly clearing her throat.