The "AHHH" Moment

“Lyle!” I jumped up and wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth before Titan could see.

“Hmm, I’m not asleep.”

“You’re not, then why were your eyes closed?”

“Because…I was just…I was asleep.” I gave up on trying to lie to him. I wasn’t all that good at it.

“Whatever dude.”

“Who let you in?” I said sitting up.

“Carla, hey I was wondering since we didn’t get the chance to go out the other day want to try tonight. I was just talking to your wife about it. She said she’d love to, I just had to wake your ass up.” I laughed.

“Yeah I’m cool with going out tonight.”

“Good cause we’re leaving at nine! I’ll call Blake and Tina.”  I nodded and lay back down on the couch. I don’t know what time it is, but I know I have enough time before nine o’clock. To be honest I was welcoming any distraction from the situation with my father and Christmas, and I think going to a club with the my wife and my best friends will be a good one. I hope. 

“Carla and Tina, are you almost ready?” Blake called up. I was about to fall back asleep waiting for the other two. I knew it was them that were taking so long, because Kasey never really takes long to get ready for anything. She’s just like Titan; she really just doesn’t give a shit. That’s why I like her. She was probably up there with them to be nice.

“We’re ready.” Tina said walking down the hallway. I looked up to see a very agitated Tina staring down at me.

“What?” I yawned.

“I’m pissed at you.”

“Okay…” I stood up and stretched. “Am I supposed to care?”

“Lyle, be nice!” Carla said. I rolled my eyes.

“Why are you so angry with me?”

“Well for one you didn’t tell me Titan was in town.” I shrugged “Secondly you dropped that bullshit box off at my front step.” I held in a laugh only because her face was so red with anger. She poked me in the chest. “I should kill you for that! My mother made me sit through a whole fucking intervention! Do you know how ridiculous and embarrassing that was? It’s one thing to walk in on a normal intervention; it’s another thing to walk in on an intervention in a box! A fucking box Lyle! You didn’t even give it to me; you gave it to my bullshit roommate! Who the hell does that?”

“Carla told me specifically to give it to your roommate Brock and not you! It’s not my fault!”

“I don’t give a shit.” She glared at me. I was going to say something, but I bit my tongue and chose against it.