Chapter 1: The Woods

Ali's POV

   Today was another one of mommy's sad days. She has been sad ever since daddy went to heaven last year. She says that nothing is wrong, but I can see that she is not okay. When I woke up today something didn't feel right. Mommy made breakfast and then told me. "We are going to play a game okay? I want you to put on your heavy clothes and then I want you to play hide and seek someone tells you to come out okay?", Mommy said. I nodded. Mommy had tears in her eyes. "Its ok to be sad mommy. I know daddy is watching us making sure we are safe", I told her with a smile. I always try to cheer mommy up when she is sad. "Go get dressed baby", Mommy said. I nodded and ran to my room. I put on my white long sleeved shirt and then my pink sweater over it. Then I put on a pair of jeans and then a pair of sweat pants over them, two pairs of socks, my snow boots, two pairs of gloves, a red hat that covered my ears, and then my winter coat.

     I went into my mommy and she was crying. I ran over to her, as much as I could with out falling over, and hugged her. She hugged me really tightly and told me how much she loved me. I knew how much she loved me, she always told me to the moon and back was not even close to how much she loved me, more like the sun and back. She put a silver necklace around my neck with a round pendent on it. It would open up and then there was a picture of mommy and daddy on one side and then picture of all of us together on the other. She told me when ever someone was to seek me, or I came out and found someone, to give them the white envelope in the big pocket of my book bag. She hugged me tightly and then gave me my book bag. She made sure everything was secure and told me there was snacks and drinks in my bag. She told me that she loved me so much and that to remember the rules of the game. I smiled and kissed mommy on the cheek. "This game is going to be fun mommy",I said excited. Hide and seek was my favorite game. Mommy knew how good I was at hiding. I was a pro.

    I ran out the door into the snow. It was the middle of winter. There was about three inches of snow on the ground and it would still be snowing while we were playing. I ran out into the woods. Mommy didn't like me going into the woods, but I had been in the woods so much I knew them like the back of my hand as long as I stayed on my trail. I was walking through the woods, when I slipped and fell on an ice covered rock. My head hit the ground and darkness covered my eyes. Soon all noise was quieted and it was dark and silent.

Alec's POV

   We were just leaving the Cullen's territory, after checking on the hybrid, on our way up to Seattle to catch a flight to Volterra, when I smelt this really intoxicating scent. It was a mix between honey and blue berries. It reminded me of when Jane, mother, and I would get berries for mothers pies. I followed the scent to a small lump in the snow. I moved the snow to see a red hat. I kept moving the snow and found a little girl between the ages of eight and ten. "Jane! Demetri! Felix! Get over here!", I yelled. The were next to me in a matter of seconds. "What is it broth- Oh my. Is she dead?", Jane asked. "No. Listen", I said. Everything was silent and there was a very faint heartbeat. "We have to get her warm", Jane said. Demetri, Felix, and my-self just stared at her. "What?", Jane asked annoyed that we weren't doing anything. "Sister you hate humans", I said. "This one is different. I feel protective over her. Why do you care Alec?", She asked. "She is my mate", I said looking down. "Really Alec! That is great. I'm so happy you have found your mate. Can I be her sister...Oh even better like her mother?", Jane squealed excitedly. "Jane calm down. She probably has a family. A mother and a father who are looking for her", I said sadness seeping from my words. There was no way we could get her through an air port and back to Volterra in the condition she is in. There was only one other option. Jane and I looked at each other and said "Carlisle".

    We were rushing back to the Cullen's. Felix was carrying the young girl. I could tell Felix and Demetri had taken a fondness of the girl. I saw the Cullen's house and I rushed to the door and knocked. Esme answered the door. I could tell she was on edge and confused. "Esme I need to talk to Carlisle it is urgent", I rushed out my words. "Can I ask why", She asked. "Felix", I said he walked forward with the small girl. Esme put her hand over her mouth and ushered us in. She rushed to the back door and yelled for Carlisle. "What are they doing back here", Rosalie sneered. "We need Carlisle urgently", Jane hissed. "Why would you need Carlisle", Rosalie hisses. I poked Felix's shoulder and he turned around with the young girl in his arms, trying to warm her up near the fireplace. "Oh my god. Is she ok?", Rosalie asked concern deep with in her eyes. "I found her in the woods, covered by snow. She had to be out there for at least three hours or more", I spoke. "Poor thing", Rosalie said.

  Carlisle sped into the room snow in is hair. "Alec, what can I do for you", He asked. "We need a doctor", I said. I could see the confusion. The room fell quiet and you could hear Renesmee's fast heartbeat and then a very low slow heartbeat. Surprise was clear on his face. "May I?", he asked. I nodded. Felix moved over to him. He looked her over. When removed her hat there was a large bruise on the back of her head and neck. "She must of fell. If you all will follow me up stairs I have a room set up", Carlisle said looking at me. I nodded. Felix followed Carlisle and the rest of us followed Felix.

   Carlisle made sure everything else was okay. He had a heated blanket wrapped around her trying to warm her up along with hot rags on her forehead. Carlisle was worried about brain damage due to her being so cold for so long. I was hopping that she would be okay. I stayed by her side even though I knew that when she woke up she would be scared of me. I heard a gasp from down stairs and I ran down because I knew it was Jane. She was staring at a piece of paper, "oh my god", she muttered. I took the paper from her and it read:

Whom ever finds my daughter,

  I am not able to care for my daughter Allison,  or Ali for short, any longer. Please take care of her and let her know how much her father and I loved her. If you find this letter past the date 6/23/17 please send police to the address below. Please do not tell Ali what they find only that mommy joined daddy. Please take care of my daughter. Everything that you would need is in the pack along with her.

Thank you, 

  Melody Swanson

   My angle had no family left. She was alone. We heard the weak heartbeat speed up alerting us she was awakening. We rushed up to her and filed in right as she opened her eyes. Her eyes were the most stunning blue color I had ever seen. She sat up with a smile on her prescious face, " You found me", she squealed.