Chapter 34

A week is supposed to be long or its supposed to drag on. That's what school taught me. However, for some reason, this week flashed by with the snap of my fingers. Today was the day of my Luna and pack member acceptance ceremony and to say I was nervous was a major understatement.

I was freaking out!

I think I'm ready but I'm still hella nervous. I was still laying in bed with Blake's arm wrapped around my waist when we had an intrusion.

"JASMINE THOMAS OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!"

I grabbed onto the bed post as if I was clinging to the last shred of life. "No!" I screamed. "Jazzy come on we have reservations in the best beauty salon there is, and we still have to find your dress," Emma said as she and Liz pulled on my leg. "I hate shopping!" I screamed at her. "Jazzy, babe, I'm sorry for this," I heard Blake say. I looked at him confused but he quickly removed my death grip on the bed and ran out of the room, "I love you!" He called behind his back.

And that my dear friends was how I was hauled up and dragged into the bathroom with a sundress being thrown at my face and orders for me to wash up. In that moment I knew, that this day was nowhere near over.

I brushed my teeth as quick as I could and pulled my waist-length hair into a messy bun. I put on the dress and went into the room, pulling on my sandals. I walked downstairs and glared at Blake who was standing in front of me with a piece offering. I snatched to pop tart from his hands still glaring, "don't think this means that I forgive you," I said and started walking away. He pulled me back and gave me a quick kiss and I gave in and smiled kissing him back. "That's enough, let's go Jazzy," Emma said dragging me out the house and into her car.

I sat in the backseat and stuffed my face with the chocolate pop tart. "Come on, we know you're excited," Liz says grinning brightly. "I would've if you hadn't have barged in like we're in war," I said and they laughed. I smiled at them and we quickly struck a conversation about tonight. "It's really simple and you shouldn't worry at all. Basically you get to repeat a few words after the Alpha and say your promises and what your duty to this pack is, then you perform a blood oath with the Alpha, then you talk to the pack members and such at the party," Liz explains. "What's a blood oath?" I asked her and she chuckled,"it's when the elder takes an ancient dagger that belonged to our ancestors and cuts a small cut on your palm in a bowl along with the Alpha's too and you join palms, that's how your connection to the pack is formed." She explained thoroughly and clearly. I took a deep breath taking in all the new information. "And for the Luna acceptance?" I asked them.

"The Luna acceptance is a bit different. You chant a few words after the elder and you share vows to your responsibility to the pack and your mate, but you also share a blood oath however on your left palm since the pack oath is on your right. And then you seal it with a kiss," they say squealing like your typical teenage, highschool girls. I shake my head at them but smile.

We arrive at the mall and let me tell you it is huge. I sighed, here we go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I give up.

We have been looking for a dress for 2 hours going from one store to the other and we still haven't found the 'perfect' dress. "Please can we just sit for 5 minutes only 5 minutes, Emma please," I literally begged her. My legs were killing me and I was stumbling behind them like a sloth. "Fine, but only 5 mins," she said and we sat on a bench.

A few minutes later an ice cream cone was suddenly infront of me and I grinned my eyes lighting up. "I think you could use the energy," I hear a voice say. I look up and Ethan, Caleb, and Evan were all here. They pulled my up and gave me the cone and they along with Emma and Liz dragged me to yet another store. I finished the cone and wiped my hand on a wet wipe and took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing," I mumbled and walked to where they were standing.

"Oh my goddess, Jazzy! They found the perfect dress!" Emma screamed and lunged at me throwing me in the changing room. I quickly took off the sundress and pulled on the white dress. Well technically it was a white lace fringe spaghetti strap plunge v neck mini dress. And I absolutely adored it. I exited the changing rooms and they all fell silent. The boys wolf whistled and the girls cheered. Yup I found my dress.

We took off to the beauty/hair salon and I was guided to a private room. Emma and Liz talked to the lady who was going to be getting me ready. I sat down waiting for them to finish their discussion about me. They then walked to me and the lady smiled, "Hi, I'm Wonda and I'll be with you today. Your friends here told me how they would like for you to appear so let's begin shall we?" She said and I smiled and nodded at her. Emma, Liz, Ethan, Caleb, and Evan all went to to the couch and sat down. They were offered drinks and snacks and they gladly accepted them.

Wonda got my hair washed first then I sat in front of the mirror. "Jazzy! Don't bother trying to argue she's going to do what we told her to!" Emma told me from behind me and I rolled my eyes but kept quiet. Wonda started brushing my hair then took out her scissors and started snipping away.